A deer or something raided my garden the other night

I used to blame the rabbits for this but I don’t think they’d climb to the top of the A frame trellis to eat the beans up there… nor do I think they’d eat massive amounts of my bean plants the way something did… and chomp off the tops of a couple tomato plants. It isn’t common but there have been deer in the backyard before and it’s common to see them a few blocks away when they go to drink at a nearby creek.

Illegals? Any of those around?

A few but they all have restaurants.

1 Like

I could bring Checker Man over and let him pee around the perimeter

See my point? :wink:

I got a little mutt that pisses all over the yard and it doesn’t do any good.

My Dad swore that little squares of Fabreze tied here and there to his shrubs and stuff kept the Deer from munching on them.

1 Like

I might have to try the dryer sheets, never heard of them being used to keep animals away but I’ve used them for bug repellant while hiking.

Instead of bitching about it, why don’t you just quit gardening.

1 Like

Why don’t you quit.posting.here? You complain about.trolls fairly consistently.

1 Like

Billdo needs to get high chicken wire fencing all the way around. I’ve seen some with chicken wire over the top. So far as I know, deer are not a burrowing animal.

It could be some freakish GMO mutant Deer/Mole hybrid getting into his garden, it could happen. Then they’d be able to either leap over or burrow under any fence.

I bet it is. From all that Roundup Billdo spreads around.

Actually, monsanto crap seems lame compared to what you can do with organics. If I want plant growth hormones for instance I can feed plants some kelp, coconut water, or a popcorn sprout tea. Give some of that to your plants.

1 Like

I saw some fencing at Lowe’s or perhaps it was Home Depot the other day. It was made from black plastic mesh and you can barely see it. It is made from 1/2 inch squares, it is tough and it measured 7’ by 100.’

There may have been a mistake but it was priced at only $20.00.You would need corner posts, however. Also, it is almost invisible and you might want to flag it in someway.

I saw four beautiful deer pass by today, two mothers and their young.