About Professional Sports

What it means is that BD6 has been right all along.

You’re making my job harder, sir.

Of the Big 4 I would say the NBA is the most likely to be fixed. For the NFL and baseball it seems less likely…

I been looking for a newspaper comic strip from a few years ago, thinking Pearls Before Swine, where one character laments that some other Rich Guy’s team just beat his Rich Guy’s team.

1 Like

A conspiracy of this nature would be outed by now if it occurred with any degree of regularity. Some disgruntled, attention whoring or opportunistic, book writing involved official would have spilled the beans.

I feel that way about most conspiracy theories… as you’re well aware by now.

1 Like

It’s not even a “conspiracy” we’re talking about here. It’s a method and means of doing “business.”

con·spir·a·cy

noun:

a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.

“a conspiracy to manipulate the results”

If it were a normal method and means of doing business, it would be common knowledge. In fact, there would be books and documentaries on it… not just accusations.

“Later on we’ll conspire
As we dream by the fire
To face unafraid the plans that we made
Walking in a Winter Wonderland”

I wonder, as it were, what plans they had made that were unlawful or harmful.

I fear you’re missing my point, Pollyanna.

What, that you can’t accept that your Warriors are getting fairly and squarely outplayed by the Cav’s? I get it :smile:

They aren’t MY Warriors. :innocent:

I’m just recalling that the last time Curry fouled out of a game was 3 years ago…and that 3 of the fouls whistled on him last night won’t bear up on the videotape. Aside from that, read the thread on last night’s game.

All the fucking Russian runners or sich just got banned from Rio

There ain’t a fucking game on this planet not fixed with the exception of drag racing

I know there are those here who will argue that

But every fucking engine is torn down after the win and no mother fucker on this planet is gona pull 7 G’s off the line and lose on purpose

I will forgo the yawning animal

I argue that auto racing is a sport at all, since one is sitting and holding a wheel.

I see lots of poker on ESPN, so it must also be a sport, yes?

tRHS

1 Like

I sed drag racing - auto racing is fixed and cheating all over

If “fixing” were going on in MLB, a small market team like the Cardinals would not be in the WS every other year… not to mention back to back appearances by the KC Royals. And we wouldn’t see Cleveland and Oakland playing in the NBA Finals… back to back years no less. And SJ vs Pittsburgh in the Cup Finals… please.

https://img.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_1484w/2010-2019/Wires/Online/2016-06-06/AP/Images/SwitzerlandObitKorchnoi-3d66d.jpg

1 Like

I ain’t saying Ayesha Curry is a gold digger
But she may be calling out a game rigger

It almost killed baseball back when and any sport not on the up and up won’t have a TV deal for long and will die on the vine.

That being said the Pistons were a really really REALLY questionable, as in Laimbeer was three feet away from Kareem at the end of the 88 Final game 6, bad call away from a threepeat

I remember like 10 years ago an NBA ref was in trouble for fixing games. Never followed up on what happened though. But the NBA is the only sport where I still have no idea why a foul is a foul.

It really is complicated. I don’t know what half the fouls mean anymore.