Big Pharma Donation To The Met Prompts Protesters To Throw Pill Bottles, Hold Die-In

It’s well on its way to being, just go take a closer look at the fake cannabis legalization scam. :stuck_out_tongue:

Legalization doesn’t mean without restriction.

mmmm k… because it’s just too dangerous for anyone but the government’s friends to grow… :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s because they are tasked with regulating it but I should note, as it stands those who use marijuana for medical purposes can grow 4 plants at a time so it couldn’t be unsafe for others to grow.

But their wares are deadly and they know it. They know full well that in most cases Tylenol would work just as well, and they know damn well that their products are highly addictive, yet for years thy lied and claimed to everyone – including doctors – that they are not addictive. How do you justify that as “just business”? It’s not. It’s evil.

If their drugs had no medical use and we’re just deadly, I’d agree with you but opiods have a legitimate medical use. Tylenol can be deadly if misused as well BTW.

But again, they are hocking their wares to trained medical professionals who should be aware of potential side effects as is revealed in drug trials. If these companies are misleading doctors in what is reported in drug trials then I would agree they should be severely punished. If they are merely incentivizing using their drugs that’s not enough for me and doctors should be smacked HARD.

“hawking”

You’re welcome.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ve never seen it written.

How did this happen?

In the late 1990s, pharmaceutical companies reassured the medical community that patients would not become addicted to prescription opioid pain relievers, and healthcare providers began to prescribe them at greater rates.

1 Like

They are fucking liars:

OxyContin went to market in 1996 with a campaign by Purdue Pharma that suggested a less abusable drug, one that doctors could prescribe for moderate pain, in addition to severe pain.

At the center of the company’s marketing aimed at physicians was a single sentence in OxyContin’s original label:

“Delayed absorption as provided by OxyContin tablets, is believed to reduce the abuse liability of a drug.”

Officials from Purdue Pharma, the company behind OxyContin, said in depositions from a 2004 West Virginia lawsuit that the company did not hold clinical trials to show that OxyContin was less likely to be addictive or abused. Purdue sales reps leaned heavily on that messaging of lower abuse potential to push the drug during the first six years following its launch.

I knew of people snorting them in the 90’s.

1 Like

OxyContin, and that highly-marketed sentence, arguably helped push open the floodgates to the country’s opioid epidemic. Between 1999 and 2015 alone, 300,000 people died from overdoses involving OxyContin and other opioids.

And yet so many Americans are scared to death of Muslims.

The garbage food kills that many every year.

No doubt.

Combine deaths from garbage food, pharmaceuticals, and guns in the USA, and you’re looking at a real public health crisis.

1 Like

don’t forget alcohol and tobacco…

1 Like

They changed the base to a gel like tablet that makes it more difficult to crush and snort.

I was talking to a doctor tonight and she said generic drugs are 100% profit with none of it going back into drug research so if you have drug benefits to go with the brand name ones because they actually do research.

I wonder how many of these are generic vs label.

Drug overdoses are a problem beyond drug companies pumping pills. Addiction is a complicated beast and I do t buy for one second doctors didn’t know it was addictive.

I remember asking my previous doctor about using marijuana for pain and she flipped out and said, “Absolutely not!” then offered me oxycodones. I told her they were highly addictive and I wasn’t interested. That was 2011. They knew then because even I knew then. They knew opiates were addictive going way back.

Of course they knew then. And Pharma knew when they first started claiming they were non-addictive. They knew because they never did the research. Complete liars.

I would have to look into the Oxycotin trials which I’m happy to do when I’m done my appointments.