Black person killed in her own home by a cop, AGAIN

God damn this is intolerable. She was just at home. Thatā€™s it. How can this keep happening?

People need to ABSOLUTELY STOP calling the ā€œpoliceā€ for a wellness check, especially if the person in question is black.

1 Like

Seriously, if you care so much about your neighbor, canā€™t you just knock on their door FIRST?

Itā€™s a test - the police and cheeto are seeing how far they can go

said this a year ago

itā€™s a plan

Maybe Justice will prevail twice in Texas.

2 Likes

She was a licensed carry owner and he ā€˜feared for his lifeā€™ because he saw a gun thru a window. She was shot trying to peek out to see whoever was skulking around in the bushes. He was most certainly not knocking on any door.

1 Like

Given that itā€™s Fort Worth and it took virtually no time to lock this putz up, Iā€™d say heā€™s being thrown to the dogs and thereā€™ll be a nice cash settlement for her family to vacation on while he rots in prison. It was so egregiously fukked up the department canā€™t even TRY to save him, especially since heā€™s obviously a BOLO.

Whatā€™s a BOLO?

Be on the lookout

In the Army of my youth, a BOLO was a recruit or draftee so hopeless that he washed out of basic training TWICE and was tossed out. By extension, it became someone who squeaked through basic training and became a functional danger to his comrades because of unfitness even to master basic skills related to staying alive and keeping oneā€™s comrades safeā€¦let alone, being able to contribute functionally to getting any actual jobs done right.

Thanks to Sixā€™s tip, I note that the term has been misappropriated by modern cops who, thanks to uniformly low IQ scores, canā€™t spell well enough to make up legible acronyms either.

1 Like

I figured I was wrong and I donā€™t remember the Army bolo thing

I wasnā€™t familiar with the phrase either, but in the context you used it, I thought it was something like that.

Neither here nor there but during work ups (in and out of port for a few weeks at a time for training and troubleshooting etc)ā€¦they brought on board a couple dozen Midshipman, students from Annapolis, they were all about the same age as us Enlisted guys, but they all looked so young and innocent and naive, it was hard for us to look at these bright eyed young kids and think that many of them would someday not so far in the future be Captains and Admirals commanding Ships and Battle Groups etcā€¦

This changes at least my perspective, the cops were sent on a Burglary Call, not a Welfare check call, completely different roeā€™s involved.

I would generally verify a NYPost piece, especially one that has racial tinges to it (existing while black, etc)

Sounds like the neighbor was expressing a welfare concern and the popos changed it from there.

So maybe that put the officer more on edge. Still up to him to identify before shooting at unidentified targets.

Agreed, he still screwed up, but it is a much more understandable screw up now.

I think of the time I called the police to report a car stolen off the lot, and the Reporting Officer gave me one final warning or caution, ā€œNow you are absolutely sure this car is being used by a person unauthorized to be using it?, because it can get pretty dramatic when we stop a stolen car, guns can be drawn, people can be pulled out of cars and thrown down on the ground etcā€¦ā€.