Blackberries

From the neighbor’s bush, growing over our fence. Himalayan blackberries… really sweet and tasty. Tons of them…

4 Likes

Those things are all over the place, they grow like weeds.

1 Like

Yeah that bush is out of control, they’re great though…

1 Like

A couple friends of mine were renting a house out near Tigard and they had a giant blackberry jungle in the backyard, the landlord told them that if they cut the blackberries out, he’d give them a couple months free rent…so they did. They found a 62 Plymouth Valiant inside the growth, Hippy Mark spent a couple days going over everything and cleaning years of grime off, he spent about 200 dollars in plugs and a battery etc, and the thing ran like a champ.

2 Likes

They look delicious!:yum::yum::yum:

Blackberries aren’t just delicious, they are so full of good stuff, especially antioxidants.

2 Likes

I was just out there picking them and they’re so good… I think the best way to eat berries is as you pick them.

3 Likes

It’s a law in Oregon that you are required to make Blackberry Cobbler at least once a summer and it should be served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for max. authenticity.

Furthermore it is required to be packaged and sent to any friends you have in California.

1 Like

there’s so much fruit on that thing… it might be an invasive species but if you got one you got berries foreva… fuck Driscoll’s. I just took a chair out and started picking some higher up, ate so many berries… there’s so many ripening and baby fruits still forming…

It is a little overgrown, pretty impossible to get them from the top. It’s super thorny and it can be treacherous picking them.

1 Like

I have thornless thimble berries

I guess this was one of the plants used to make the commercial Marionberry cultivar.

1 Like

2 Likes

In the valley the berries are usually a tad longer, and thicker.

Where I’m from, it’s the twig, not the berries, so much.

I feel ya Bro.