Colin Kapernick gets a team award, Joe Theismann throws a hizzy

What are our cousins kids to us, relation wise, are they 2nd cousins?

partly what surprised me about his post is he almost never posts anything political on FB, and like he said he’s been a proud and big consumer of their products since he was a kid,
But he probably watches Fox etc

I’ve never got that figured out. I’m not sure if it’s second cousin, which is what I use, or a first cousin once removed.

Anyone else know?

2 Likes

I’m sure there is more than that that has been proscribed to them, Keurig comes to mind, althoI don’t remember what they did to incur the wrath.

2 Likes

Pretty sure it’s a first cuz once removed.

1 Like

Then what’s a 2nd cuz? My Grandparents nieces and nephews?

He is a fucking cop - cops fucking hate freedom of speech - fact

2 Likes

Please keep burning and mutilating your personal items. To borrow a turn of phrase from McDonald’s “I’m lovin’ it.”

How is the dumbass going to hold his socks up now that he’s cut out the elastic out of it? lmfao

The children of my cousin and my (hypothetical) children would be second cousins, to me they would be my first cousin, once removed.

Me ---------- First cousin
| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . | <-- (the once removed step)
my kids -------- second cousin

2 Likes

Got it. And thank you!

1 Like

de naaaaaaaaaaaaaada

1 Like

With first cousins you have to go back to the generation containing the Common Ancestor, which is one or both of your parents. Your sibling’s kids and your kids are first cousins (same grandparent different parents.)

If you have to go back to a grandparent’s generation for a common ancestor, then you’re talking second cousins. “Removals” have to do with transmitting YOUR consanguinity to the next generation for whom your relatives would be once removed.

1 Like

Now I’m confused again. :hushed:

aaah OK, that makes sense. I think I knew this in High School Biology with fruit flies but with different nomenclature. n1 n2 etc

Yeah, I have to look it up about once a year.

1 Like

I think it has to do with “closeness” of bloodlines for “breeding” thinking that too close of a relationship makes for too many chances for error in genetics, miscarriages, DD kids, hemophiliacs etc, if you have that “arms length” of family distance you have probably enough dilution of genes to not cause problems.

It’s the “removals” part that threw me off.

parents generation to child’s generation is 1 removal

you could have fifth cousins twice removed which is like one is in the grandparents generation w/r/t the other

don’t lissen to this complicated bullshit, lissen to the wabbit

2 Likes

It’s like I was thinking grandchildren of my grandfather are my cousins share 1/4 of mine genes, now my grand uncles (grandpa’s brother) kids would be (off the top of my head wild ass guess) 1/8 similar or same “bloodline” dna.