Cortez is winning

She smiles a lot for costing NY $3B and 40k decent paying jobs, let alone all the surrounding businesses that benefit off Amazon.

Why doesn’t Trump just declare this a National Emergency and force Amazon to build in NYC?

We should build a wall around NYC just like Quebec… but like, lock it and stuff.

$1 billion a year in economic output lost and she’s proud

Fuckin A

1 Like

How is it lost - they will go someplace else

read what witchy sed

she did good

Lost to her fucking city, duh. She’s a rep from NY

1 Like

what witchy sed

duh duh fer you and the child

New York wasn’t pleased at having to spend four billion Cherrystones to bribe anti-union Amazon to move there, and Amazon decided they could do without a second hq on that basis.

1 Like

What was the bill the voted on in the US House, that caused Bezos to decide against this project? I’m kind of lost here, but at least it has to be something within the last three weeks or so.

I think it’s what happened in NY state government that killed the bill.

Not that Amazon didn’t have a shitty process as well. Maybe another community will form a partnership.

That’s what I heard too, AOC just played cheerleader.

Is giving a company tax breaks the same thing as “spending”?

It’s commonly perceived that way, but in a way it isn’t really.

I guess Boro needs to connect the dots for me a little bit.

Unless of course he was just shitposting and fapping at the same time, I guess most people could understand that.

I agree with you Apey. It’s perception.

OAC is the GOP boogyman du jour

Btw Boro, if you’re going to pick up the CONtard flag and wave it, you need to step it up.

The play on words with her name is “Occasional Cortex”, meaning she uses her brain occassionally.

Your use sounds like she occassionally plays a Conquistador, which is ironic.

1 Like

When you give them tax breaks and build all the fucking new roads and crap that ain’t spending??? Perceived - you think it’s only tax breaks -

holy fuck - let me put a paper bag over my hed - I is hyperventilating

Uncle Phil (of Nike) Just held up the state of Oregon a few years ago, he basically demanded the state cough up some new and additional tax breaks for Nike, or he threatened to take his Nike HQ expansion somewhere else. Oregon Caved and now a flock of construction cranes can be seen on the Nike Campus putting up brand new buildings to be filled with shoe designers and marketers.

https://www.bizjournals.com/portland/news/2017/07/17/report-nike-headquarters-expansion-to-top-1.html

Well, when people spend their paychecks from jobs they also generate revenue.

1 Like