D_M's Health Update

Are you getting to be able to eat more foods, the old fashioned way?

1 Like

If you’ve never seen a feeding tube this it. I’m using the feeding tube and eating to fast track getting my weight back up.

3 Likes

I can’t blame you at all. Shit.

Excellent idea. Here’s a great book, by a doctor, with recommendations for cancer-fighting foods:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41eIdXQlEhL.AC_US218.jpg

3 Likes

Yes, I can eat regular foods now, but only very small portionsi. I lost a third of my stomach.

1 Like

Does regular taste good, I mean do you have much of an appetite, or do you have to push yourself to eat?

I was in Freddies (aka Krogers) the other day, near the health food area and saw a display cooler case with a bunch of “Natural” type drinks coconut waters etc and saw some Turmeric juices with a variety of flavorings, I was reaching to grab one, when I saw they were going for $4.49 I thought hmm maybe next time.

Yes it is. I have the audio book and am on my 2nd listening. It is BY FAR the best cancer fighting book out there. The book is written by a renowned oncologist who beat cancer by mixing conventional and alternative treatments. I am madly taking notes as I listen.

Thanks for mentioning it.

3 Likes

I have a tremendous appetite which causes me to overdue it on the eating. I usually end up puking a few times because I are too much.

I’ve also lost my ability to burp

Yeah, the diet I’m pursuing is nearly all organic and the food is very pricey.

Hey, it’s a good sign that you have an appetite, right?

Are there any foods that you are more likely to be able to keep down?

PS, you should buy a hard copy. Lots of lists of specific foods, and iirc correctly, recipes, so you’ll probably want to thumb through it a lot. I completely changed my cooking habits thanks to that book. I try to include multiple cancer-killing foods in every meal. I always have things like crimini mushrooms, olives, turmeric, ginger, garlic, etc. etc on hand.

1 Like

It’s pretty much an open book as far as what foods I crave or can tolerate. The issue before treatment and surgery was my inability to swallow. The tumor blockage is gone now, so I can pretty much eat anything.

Good idea about getting a copy of the book. I will hunt one down.

1 Like

The 3 big takeaways for me regarding diet in the book are…

1. Cut out sugar and dairy.
  2. Make fish the meat staple of your diet.

And the biggest…

1. Increase Omega 3’s and decrease Omega 6’s.
2 Likes

Yes! And definitely add foods that have cancer-killing properties to your diet. Lots of them.

2 Likes

Listening right now.

3 Likes

The past few days have been a struggle. Felt like crap… nauseous, sore and fatigued. Today is much better. I’m eating and doing my tube feeding. Later, I’m going to go out and buy some patio furniture I’ve been eyeing.

5 Likes

Win the day.

2 Likes

How long does it take you to get through one of those bags?

750 ml. Takes about 2 hours.

That’s not too bad. It’s my infusion day today. Misery loves company :))

2 Likes

You look much better, man.

6 Likes