D_M's Health Update

I heard some gal at the dog park raving about this when she was recovering from what must have been some nasty illness or something or other, I didn’t catch what, but it sounded like she was in yer shoes, emaciated, weak and withered.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=ensure+enlive+vanilla&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=153732115890&hvpos=1t2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2635987587029537028&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9032964&hvtargid=kwd-187332052345&ref=pd_sl_2504ar10ag_b

2 Likes

A good idea, ensure and pediasure especially are good sources of calories.

3 Likes

ALRIGHT man that’s AWESOME news we were hoping to hear that

Sometimes I think about asking you how’s it doing, but then I see you always here and that’s what matters

And if someone deserves to beat that fucker, it’s you

God bless your chemo and the weed, mang

6 Likes

Yeah, DM. Strengthen yourself for the surgery in any way you can.

And many, many congrats! Amazing. You have gone through heavy shit and deserve to come out smelling like a rose, after all that shit.

3 Likes

Yeah. My mother took that when she was extremely ill and couldn’t eat for months.

1 Like

Glad to see ya lookin and sounding better D_M - hopefully time will fly between now and 4/10

5 Likes

Great! SO happy! As they say at USC, fight on!

4 Likes

Thanks, bro. If this surgery goes as planned on the 10th, I think I’ll be good. If not a full on cure, it should at least buy me some time.

10 Likes

Many, many prayers and good wishes for the 10th!

4 Likes

Still cheering you on from the Great White North DM. I hope everything goes as planned and you’re fit as a fiddle again really soon!

3 Likes

i just saw this thread for the first time and read the whole thing.

damn man, i’m sorry youre in this per-dicka-mint, but glad it’s getting a bit better

3 Likes

How about Ensure and stuff like that?

I hope that you’re doing OK man.

5 Likes

I’m getting a few bites of food down now including Boost which is like Ensure. I just finished a consultation with my 2 surgeons regarding the game plan for Monday, which is the date of my surgery. This is kind of a major surgery and I don’t mind telling you I’m nervous as hell. I’ll likely stay on the feeding tube for a month or so while what’s left of my stomach and esophagus heals up.

Thanks for checking in Flannel.

11 Likes

You’ve got this DM. We are all pushing so hard for you that the Universe is bound to award one of us some karma points to make this a smooth operation for you.

5 Likes

Surgery is a big deal, no matter how minor or major it is. But thousands are done everyday. I think for the most part those guys are pretty good at what they do and I have no doubt the surgery will go just fine and you’ll be up to your ornery old self in no time.

#makenothavingcancergreatagain
6 Likes

There’s a truck on my street with a big decal in gothic letters that say

Fuck Cancer

4 Likes

I am sure yer tired of it D_M, but what the hell - local news here

http://www.wfmz.com/health/health-beat/health-beat-car-t-therapy/432929323

2 Likes

Here’s to you sailing through surgery and coming out on top of this shit!

:kiss:

We will all be praying for you. I speak for us all when I say that!

3 Likes

And let us know how you are as soon as yer up to it, would you???

3 Likes

Ok, first thing you have to do is get some serious tin foil underpants because they’re gonna fiddle with your dick when they put you under. I read a lot so I know it’s true. They’ll dress it up for YouTube channel puppet shows.

You gotta watch out for that.

Next, send the Jell-o on ahead, no need to HAVE to eat green. Make sure they know you have Nam flashbacks and need to be kept in a private room and away from Charlie. ALSO, and this is very important. If you’re sedated or sleeping or you’re just lying there and you hear this, fuck man, wake up! Check out time. I watch a lot of movies so I know it’s true.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v9BPxHBogs

Everyone here is so worried, I mean look at you TWO surgeons. Two support teams, two scalpels, have a picnic, smoke some dope hippies, have some Bartles and Jaymes while you’re at it.

See ya Tuesday, trolling starts at 8 PDT

6 Likes