Dinosaur shark

The rare frilled shark is considered a “living fossil,” as its makeup has remained unchanged for 80 million years. This summer, researchers found one alive and thriving off the coast of Portugal, adding evidence regarding the resilience of this ancient sea creature.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/prehistoric-dinosaur-era-shark-insane-130946712.html

2 Likes

I am pretty sure that if humans ever go to another planet in another solar system far, far away that the alien life wouldn’t look that much different; it would respond to the same environmental pressures that life on our planet responds to and in a similar way.

1 Like

IMO man will never set foot on another planet outside the solar system

The human body is too fragile and I don’t think that man will manage to find a way to do interstellar travel safely or fast enough

1 Like

I think that assumes other planets will have the same environmental pressures like composition of atmosphere and gravity.

2 Likes

There’s that too

Not to mention that microbial life would kill us almost instantly, since we have to antibodies against alien viri and bacteria

Or the other way around, the bacteria in our bodies would devastate the ecosystem of the alien planet

Bacteria is also very sensitive to environmental factors so although that is a possibility, it’s also just as likely that it would die almost instantly.

Yeah, but…an aquatic, fish like critter would most likely have a hairless body, need gills(probably) and have eyes, teeth and a mouth on the front of it’s body. It would also be cold blooded and have fins on it’s musclular body.

Maybe…I’m not sure I would bet money on it though.

“Dinosaur shark”

It’s not a dinosaur. It’s a shark.

Wow. Thanks! Post of the century due to extreme helpfulness and high level of contribution to thread topic.

Come on Doc. This is 2017. If it wants to be a dinosaur, who are we to judge?

3 Likes