FINALLY found a place in Michigan -- UPDATE

The place with the porch near Battle Creek fell apart because one fuckface on the board wouldn’t bend on Finn being 42lbs and them having a 35 lb limit in the bylaws. One dickhead. I mean is that why you ran for your board? So I had to start going with backup properties and damn if each and every one, at one point six in a row didn’t allow pets, or dogs, or dogs over 25lbs or dogs over 35lbs. So fucking arbitrary and more than likely not legally enforceable and I’d love to be the hero in court who won that battle but I close Nov 28. I called one place Friday and asked their pet policy and she said she’d call me back. She did and said bylaws have no pet restrictions. Then as I celebrated she said “And we got a financing offer yesterday.”

Jimmy, are you an oak man? Now, your Aunt Ginny and Uncle…Conrad, are they paying in cash? Because your Uncle Marcellus is."

Two hours later I got a text that said they’d wait for my cash at closing. I whispered a number to their agent to see if were in the ballpark. He told me tonight I could drop it 5K and they’d still accept. Thanks dude, I promise to never tell your clients you buttfucked them. It’s in the exceptionally unexceptional City of Taylor Michigan in the “downriver” area of Detroit. Very blue collar.

A few pics. 2 beds, 1.5 baths it has a pool but they didn’t show any pics. It’s a building split into 4 two bedroom two floor units, all were recently redone (nicely I might add). Gas cooking, hellz yeah!

4 Likes

Is the flag included?

1 Like

No flag, no deal.

Actually, a very cute place!

If this place falls through, maybe you can rent for a few months and take your time to get a new place.

What kind of insane country do we live in, where a man can buy
a home, but can’t keep pets in it?

Rentals I can understand, but BUYING!?!??!!?

3 Likes

Hown owners associations

“A little power is a dangerous thing”

2 Likes

My grandfathers fought the Nazi’s only for the fuckers
to turn up in HOA’s!?!?!!!?

A pox on them all!

4 Likes

yer being more then a little harsh there POL

you don’t need to buy a house that has sich

Looks a bit sterile but I bet you can put some juju on it. Mazel tov, man.

That’s exactly it, impressively unimpressive. I’ll turn the second bedroom into a libarry/reading room and probably have the computer up there. I have a couch now that folds out and inflates into a queen bed so I’l keep that as the second bed downstairs. Many have slept on it and they all love it. We’ll have a music source near the deck. I might get a fucking palm tree. They can survive winters fyi. I see a row of pots for basil, thyme, rosemary, chives, etc. I’ll put a stand up shower and heated floor in the master bath that has a tub now. I actually like that laundry area back behind the kitchen. Handy but easily ignored. The master bedroom even has a bay-window thing where Finn can jump up and look out the window.

Once I get Pam’s photography up on the walls and the artwork up I think it’ll be perfectly cozy.

5 Likes

And of course if I want it painted I’ll just go buy some negroes and make them do it.

What? That’s how you did it back last time I was single

1 Like

UPDATE – Battle Creek came back. Real estate agent dug into their bylaws and there is no such clause for dog weight. It became engrained after someone had a great dane that bounced around off leash.

Board pres backed down

2 Likes

Why bother with all this bullshit and being a fucking townie - go find a place off by yer ownself and fetch quiet and runnin room fer the dog

I mean to each his own

in the woods ya make yer own bylaws

2 Likes