Flood Watch

on the basement is what I’ll be doing most of the day… it has rained a shit ton of rain here in the last week and especially the last couple days and supposed to get a couple more inches this afternoon/evening which will probably be enough for it to start coming n the basement…

If I stay on it I should be able to pump it out and contain it to a small area… if I just let it go it will flood the whole thing with an inch or two of water and it’s a total fucking disaster to deal with.

Water sucks

Good luck

3 Likes

the best thing I got going for me is the town’s pollution shield will hopefully divert the worst of the storms.

1 Like

Damn. Good luck.

Yeah, I hate water.:nerd_face:

The pollution dome held out good most of the day had nasty storms on both sides of me but barely sprinkling here… kind of overwhelmed at the moment though…

2 Likes

The pollution dome actually keeps it from raining?

What is a pollution dome?

(STFU Dukey :wink: )

Google it - I did

and it’s a dome not a done

I thought I told you to STFU.

:smile:

1 Like

4 Likes

A lot of times it seems, you can watch the storms go around us on the radar… I’m not the only one around here who thinks so either… most small storms don’t stand a chance…

I’d move.

Why, so I could really get devastated by storms?

I’m uder part of that same system: fields under water, roads blocked by floods.

1 Like

Yeah it has been hitting me hard for hours now, speaking of which, need to go check the basement!

I’m amazed it hasn’t flooded yet… the ground was saturated before this shit started the other day, practically floating now…

Do you have your pump(s, and fans) in place in the lowest areas ready to rock and roll?

the basement doesn’t have a sump pump for some reason, but I have one, I can shove it down in this little drain and pump the water out, but it’s not even close to being deep enough to operate the float valve so if it starts flooding I have to babysit it and flip it on every few minutes to keep it contained to a small spot… yeah got fans and shit too…

The first year I moved here the whole thing got flooded, I was like where’s your sump pump… turned out it didn’t have one, had to go buy the one we have, fun fun, I’ve babysat it ever since then making sure that disaster didn’t reoccur.

3 Likes

We have a Fog Watch here.
Actually, it’s all you can see.

2 Likes