Fuuuckkkk locked my keys in the car today

at the grocery store. My car has a keypad but I didn’t know it… my friend I came out here with I knew she knew it, she used to unlock the door all the time… but she couldn’t remember it since she hasn’t been using the car… I tried 20 different combos she thought might be it, it took over a half hour but she finally remembered lol…

2 Likes

Lords of ford cars had those keypads for years, the codes were dealer coded, so most of the fords had codes like 1212 or 1234…the salesmen tells the customer to recode it, almost no one ever does. Because almost no one ever uses those key pads.

1 Like

She tried calling the Ford dealer she bought it from they were of no help.

Was it a new car when she bought it? Unless it’s factory coded, the franchise dealers wouldn’t have anyway of knowing.

eta, except for tapping #4 on the pad when exiting that will lock all doors.Handy if you don’t have a remote.

You must have gotten stressed. LOL

1 Like

Yeah she bought it new.

I learned this lesson at a very remote beach. 25 miles from no where in the 3rd world. You and everyone needs a hide a key. I had to break the window. Cost $360. to have it fixed. I’m known for learning the hard way.

1 Like

Me too!