Hello again (And Australia is fucked thread)

Yeah our culture is brutal. We laugh before we help, and if you did it to yourself we will just laugh and let you learn from it.

1 Like

Had I met you back then, I may have never visited. Scary shit, damn.

Youā€™re pretty safe in the city mostly, except for the Sydney FunnelWeb Which basically puts you into a living coma and stops your lungs. the thing is we have machines that can keep you breathing so it is basically being trapped paralyzed inside your own mind for 48hrs while you slowly process the poison. You die without treatment and wish you died if you get it.

Probably from a bacteria or virus would be my guess.

Itā€™s a shame that nature scares people when they really see it, because itā€™s really beautiful in a way. I like living in a country where you can die by accident, it sounds morbid it makes you appreciate life and the darwin awards.

The leading theory on the whitetails is that they live in an environment where the bacteria can grow readily and they symbiotically live and feed. The bacteria spreads by making the spider more lethal. The spider benefits by gaining a slow working time bomb.

But it doesnā€™t explain why spiders in similar habitats donā€™t share the trait. Itā€™s actually really interesting.

You end up as a bit of a animal guru if you live here long enough. You learn to spot snakes, and spiders and all that fun stuff, the big snakes here are the

Brown snake (They will chases you down to bite you then leave, they are also super venomous and are more venomous when they are smaller and harder to spot)

The tiger snake (These guys will chase and hunt you for literal miles to attack you as they are super territorial, also lethal)

The redbelly black snake (Which Iā€™ve seen as large as 13ft but are typically calm and cool, and they eat the more dangerous snakes. So donā€™t fuck with them and they are actually good things. They are in almost every river and creek here. They eat rats and shit so they are kinda good luck just donā€™t step on them.)

Yeah, thereā€™s plenty here that can kill you, but so much of it is beautiful and have their own lives and roles. That said, kill or be killed. Gotta be cold to survive the Auzzie bush summers.

After what you did to the Abos do you blame them for huffing gas?

Seems you have a lot in common with us

LOL, welcome mang. That place was a trip, but I at least had the pleasure of winning the Banner Comp for the last official TV masthead, which I called Dookieā€™s Funeral Barge.

REC for this. Hope you donā€™t mind my quoting it in my farewell post from yet another failing startup forum with vain hopes of providing a retirement home for Valhalla vets.

An American asks an Australian if thereā€™s ANYWHERE they can go where something isnā€™t trying to kill them

The Aussie answers ā€œyeh, school, the mall, the moviesā€¦ā€

As a Real Americanā„¢ that joke offends me.

Dook, it was just a funny prank. We were going to give their kids back at some point.

I donā€™t really care that they huff gas, I am more disappointed itā€™s the go to. I mean there is a fuck town of sun here, grow a few plants you big bearded grey motherfucker. Our country is fucking packed with magic mushrooms and they still choose gas.

Good to see you Mang. Go for your life.

Thatā€™d be true, but they still die at school lol. They just do it to themselves.

Suicidal depression is the most lethal weapon you canā€™t sell.

Personally I just think theyā€™re pussies, but you know, #YODO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf-jHCdafZY

https://youtu.be/O-MucVWo-Pw

By the way the in the Marbo treaty a collection of tribal elders handed over Australia to the commonwealth. Donā€™t hear about through the drunk race slurs though.

And I am quite sure our ancestors were very forthright, honest and completely above board in their dealings with the abos.

1 Like

White people canā€™t do bad things.

I dunno, some of my direct ancestors owned slaves, which is mostly frowned upon these days.

For that some should rule and others be ruled is a thing not only necessary, but expedient; from the hour of their birth, some are marked out for subjection, others for ruleā€¦

Aristotle

And indeed the use made of slaves and of tame animals is not very different; for both with their bodies minister to the needs of life.

Aristotle