How long before official impeachment is underway? Vote now!

• 1 month
  • 3 months
  • 6 months
  • 1 year
  • More than 1 year
  • Never

0 voters

Democratic Representative Al Green of Texas is expected to submit articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump Wednesday in the first legislative step for any congressional bid to force a sitting president from office.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-impeachment-process-set-begin-160010494.html

This ^^^ is a mistake…

How come?

Too soon.

I think this probably more of a trial balloon and also some chum in the water.

1 Like

LOL. Yes.

I just wouldn’t play that card yet.

I’ve seen the arguments in favor of waiting. Waiting is fiscally irresponsible since these fukkers are draining the treasury hour by hour.

I am unpersuaded that later is better than now. I originally predicted he’d be out of office by July 4.

Didn’t Comey say Trump was clear?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/d212aa73-148f-30e1-b806-04357f85122e/ss_james-comey-has-called-donald.html

Clear? Clear of what?

I agree with you. But I don’t know whether members of Congress do.

Remember the big Tea Party rebellion, a lot of nutjobs in the R seats these days. And as compelling as Comey was, especially his opening statement. I don’t think he gave them(Congress)an iron clad, unavoidable, irrefutable smoking gun.

They don’t really have to have that, though. They just need to decide he’s not fit to be president. I don’t know why everyone is making such a BFD about the legal arguments.

The charge of high crimes and misdemeanors covers allegations of misconduct peculiar to officials, such as perjury of oath, abuse of authority, bribery, intimidation, misuse of assets, failure to supervise, dereliction of duty, unbecoming conduct, and refusal to obey a lawful order. Offenses by officials also include ordinary crimes, but perhaps with different standards of proof and punishment than for nonofficials, on the grounds that more is expected of officials by their oaths of office. – Wikipedia

I think it’s better to have a solid case than jump the gun which is how this feels.

1 Like

Hello, the bar to high crimes and misdemeanors is not high. You could impeach him merely over teh emoluments violations.

As a preamble to criminal charges and teh frogmarch.

Yeah. That’s what I keep trying to point out. They could impeach him over unbecoming conduct. He has committed that breach about 8000 times already.

Don’t you think a smoking gun would be better?

No, it’s gonna take a LOT of humiliation to sell the KoolAid drinkers off of him.

1 Like