I dunoh. I think It Goes back into the 90s and the Libertarian Takeover of the Dem Party, but

Sanders came under immediate attack. Vox’s Dylan Matthews declared that his “fear of immigrant labor is ugly—and wrongheaded.” The president of FWD.us accused Sanders of “the sort of backward-looking thinking that progressives have rightly moved away from in the past years.” ThinkProgress published a blog post titled “Why Immigration Is the Hole in Bernie Sanders’ Progressive Agenda.” The senator, it argued, was supporting “the idea that immigrants coming to the U.S. are taking jobs and hurting the economy, a theory that has been proven incorrect.”

Sanders stopped emphasizing immigration’s costs. By January 2016, FWD.us’s policy director noted with satisfaction that he had “evolved on this issue.”

Silence signals agreement - affirmative nodding of heads.
Wonderful, we are all finally on the same page. :smiley:

Either that, or no one has searched out your uncited arguments, read them all judiciously, and reached an opinion approximately like yours.

In my case, having done none of the above thus far (yet keeping my mind somewhat open to the possibility that there may be something here to be learned even if there is no head nodding at the end of the tunnel) I’ll settle for an eyeroll for now.

No one has to search out my arguments on immigration and the fact that the Liberal view was perverted into an anti-American worker/pro business(corporation) position - those are well known for the 10 years I’ve been posting on the Cindyboards. Bernie, as the article stated, was herded into the new Libertarianized Demposition in order to remain viable during the party primaries. He had to modify his view on gun control to the less Liberal position of the party as well, which I am certain you will recall. Since the 70s the party positions have been turned on their heads. Bernie, until recently, and I just had never went along with the corruption. I never have. Never will.

I’m unclear, given your response, whether your aim here is to foment some discussion of the Atlantic’s article on its own merits or just to toot your own horn and discuss how far ahead of some curve you not only ARE, but always HAVE been.

The article itself is one of those Atlantic-ey things that is kinda hard to wade through with a critical eye, since their approach has always been to dish out soporific prose intended to dull one’s critical facilities whilst continuing to repeat some talking point from the author’s own (not fully disclosed) agenda. Consequently, I’m not able to digest it fully without some more work, and I’m not willing to commit to such a task if the article isn’t really what you want to talk about.

I think that’s wishful thinking, troll.

I think I already made clear that I don’t agree with the article which just restated what the powers behind the scene want you to believe, they’ll even give you a choice of make believes to believe. Therefore it’s an open discussion. As for my position it had not wavered since the late seventies, and while I know your age (oh sorry, am I misusing PI?) might make you forgetful, I tend to think your pretending not to know my views on the subject - since I’ve undoubtedly spent more electrons on it than any other over the years - is really not more than idle time being the devil troll’s workshop. :wink:

Not seeing that sort of disclaimer.

So evidently, then, my second choice (just tooting your own horn) was the correct one.

WoW - so you opened the thread w/o reading the topic title. wull otay, putz.

Think twice before making any assumptions about what any literate person might DO with yer topic title, and be grateful any such person would even CLICK on it.

~OR~

Don’t think twice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Y3KfJs6T0

1 Like

My time is valuable, friend. I have a soap review to do, and roadwork to contend with, The days are getting shorter from here until Winter solstice so I haven’t time to waste with nonsense such as yours which is nothing more than a troll’s attempt to annoy and distract. Not interested in the topic? Fine. Go find someone to adoringly stalk on the internetz, or whaaateverrrr it is …you do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGxjIBEZvx0

Ima leave in a huff if you two don’t stop.

Why - don’t you want to see us don the boxing gloves in Speedo briefs?

Why the hell would you put boxing gloves in your Speedo briefs? Are you that in need of overcompensation?

2 Likes

Really. Wabbit? I was just trying to paint a pretty picture for Lotus so she wouldn’t leave in a huff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2gOQ8pL6Tk

It’s all fine - I can see the Thread topic is still juuuuust a little too sensitive for you people…

Sad.

OK, dine, then.

You want to have dinner with me next time you are in NYC? Okay. Be sure to wear something nice, and I am partial to Jasmine perfume. Quite susceptible actually.

As in, “My time is valuable?”

Yeah, I’m back to the eyeroll of poast # 3. I’ll have one of my underlings do a title edit.

And besides that, they should probably go in the front in you’re going to wear them at all, doncha think?

Grandpa’s (Since 1878) Patchouli Soap with Aloe Vera.
A wonderfully moisturizing and skin healing bar with the best, the best, Spoonie, Patchouli scenting of any soap you’ll have ever used. It’ will make you smell great for hours even though your troll will still stink.
http://www.hillwoman.com/images/granpasoaps.jpg