I guess if I was in debt to the Russian Mob, I'd be nice to them too

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/08/09/trumps-russia-problem.html

Any government official who has significant debt is automatically a risk to National Interests, because this can provide a lever.

2 Likes

This is a good argument for not ever allowing members of the 1% to hold office.

How is that?

I remember back in boot camp, they on several occasions warned us about doing anything at all for strangers(buying them something at the PX taking a picture of the ship for them etc), , since it might be foreign agents working you to be a source.

Too many conflicts of interest. Bush/Dick had conflicts of interest galore, and they ran the government like their own private investment firm. Hillary had many, many conflicts of interest, and I am glad she didn’t win. Trump should be frog marched out of there the second he takes the oath. It just should not be allowed. People who take the oath should be there to serve working Americans, not their personal accumulation of wealth and business contacts.

1 Like

OK. I was specifically talking about debt, not general conflicts of interest. But of course I agree.

So you mean when I bought our driver Mr. Moon a Polaroid camera at the PX so he could take nudie pictures of his wife I was probably unknowingly helping out the North Korean Viet Kong?

1 Like

What was they gona do with a ship picture - stick pins in it?

No, it wasn’t concern over ship pictures, it was concern about being befriended by an agent, the thinking is that some Joe Stalin looking fuck in a trench coat doesn’t come up on the street and just point blank ask you if you want to sell out your country out to it’s arch rival. but that they make friends with you first, then slowly reel you in one step at a time.

How do you think that fat retarded kid got nukes?

Last time I checked we spent billions building them a couple nuclear reactors.

1 Like

I read the Hill article and it’s becoming more and more obvious that Trump didn’t want to actually win this.

I’m not too sure he did either, I think he probably thought, he’d get some free air time and some attention, have some fun and few laughs and then go back to being Trump

I’m pretty sure he thought he’d get a massive raise for his next season of The Apprentice and make quite a few more lucrative name-leasing deals.

1 Like

I think he wanted to run, say mainstream media is corrupt, then start his own media company. I don’t think he actually thought he would win.

He wouldn’t have, if the Dems hadn’t been asleep at the switch.

Yeah and he wouldn’t have even been in the running if the Repubs didn’t elect the Annoying Orange as their candidate.

How far do you want to take this?

Are you heavily medicated today?

I already “took it” as far as I intended to…one comment on a desultory thread of what was then 17 poasts.