I think the Professor is more wrong here

The student sounds like a PITA but a professor should never go down to her level. Nor poast private info about the student for the world to see. In any case I am glad I don’t teach in the USA…

https://mystudentvoices.com/beware-of-wolves-in-sheeps-clothing-the-tale-of-a-progressive-professor-who-forgot-to-hide-her-7efe21b1fc5d

The student comes across like a professional victim, so much so that I was unable to keep reading and did not fully learn about the sins of the professor.

For sure, but you’d think a white woman teaching this subject would know much better.

I didn’t really get that impression from her writing, at least not to the extent that I stopped reading. Perhaps that had more to do with the fact I had a similar experience in terms of challenging misinformation that came out of the faces of professors, specifically my Women’s Studies prof.

The professor in this story, from this point of view, completely deserved to have her ass fired. The things she said alone about her student on her FB were unprofessional, immature and rather disgusting. You don’t plot to ruin someone’s life openly on FB. DERP.

The dumb bitch prof got what she earned.

2 Likes

This is true, but I suppose some profs get tired of being endlessly challenged. Of course in this case it seems like the prof has a hardon for slaves not having had their families disrupted, which is of course absurd. Regardless of her stats, the very fact that the members of a family could be sold at any time would destabilize a family…

1 Like

Profs should want to teach the most accurate information available.

1 Like

Definitely. And Profs should never let it get personal. I mean I definitely gossip with my colleagues but I would never poast that shit. And I always try to give the students I don’t really like the benefit of the doubt…

2 Likes

The professor is completely wrong. I wonder if she was on drugs. How could anyone in his or her right mind post this:

last words to me (via a public Facebook post) were: “I’m sorry if I upset you. Please accept this complimentary dildo, go fuck yourself.”

And expect to keep his/her job?