"I used to think gun control was the answer."

One might finally realize, with research (and actually going out, shooting, assembling etc) that Gun Control ONLY affects law abiding citizens.

"When I looked at the other oft-praised policies, I found out that no gun owner walks into the store to buy an “assault weapon.” It’s an invented classification that includes any semi-automatic that has two or more features, such as a bayonet mount, a rocket-propelled grenade-launcher mount, a folding stock or a pistol grip. But guns are modular, and any hobbyist can easily add these features at home, just as if they were snapping together Legos.

As for silencers — they deserve that name only in movies, where they reduce gunfire to a soft puick puick. In real life, silencers limit hearing damage for shooters but don’t make gunfire dangerously quiet. An AR-15 with a silencer is about as loud as a jackhammer. Magazine limits were a little more promising, but a practiced shooter could still change magazines so fast as to make the limit meaningless."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-used-to-think-gun-control-was-the-answer-my-research-told-me-otherwise/2017/10/03/d33edca6-a851-11e7-92d1-58c702d2d975_story.html?tid=ss_fb-bottom&utm_term=.55e5623d691b

1 Like

I guess we don’t need laws, since criminals will just ignore them.

3 Likes

1 Like

Two thirds of all deaths by guns are the result of white male suicide, not of gun violence:

And if suicidal people struggled to get guns, how many lives would be saved?

Nevertheless, it’s worth noting that silencers were outlawed in 1934 by the National Firearms Act and remain uncool under Title II of that Act.

If we are gonna reverse more than eighty years of settled law, I’d like to see a lot more debate than we’re likely to get out of this NRA-owned pack of fuckwads who will be voating on it.

2 Likes

And if memory serves i believe the NRA helped with that legislation, back when they used to be about Sportsmanship and Hunter safety.

1 Like

Carbon monoxide.

Harder to kill a few dozen from an upstairs window at the Mandalay with CO. Just sayin

1 Like

Now, if he would have said Methyl Butyrate, which while silent, is known to be deadly…

Suppressor are on store shelves here in WA… granted you need to get a tax stamp for every single one you own.

Same as SBRs.

Knives, rope, drugs, etc

Yeah, that’s the point of Schedule II.

And since yer militias don’t NEED a silencer, it’s okay with me if the tax remains. Although since it’s never been adjusted, it’s still $200, just like in 1934. Needs to be adjusted for inflation, which would make it somewhere around $3,650 now.

Way harder. Men like sure things.

I think every bridge jumper that has survived have all said that the second they lost physical contact with that bridge, they changed their minds.

The Bill of Rights isn’t about needs.

Fact.

I don’t NEED my Thompson, AR, Garand, AMD… etc.

I don’t know any who have survived.

Not many do, but there are a few, even a couple off the Golden Gate,

Well, then…let’s talk about what you DO need.

How about a well-regulated militia that has a TO&E that includes those items?

I went to high school with a guy who jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge. He had been dumped by his BF. I had no idea that he was Gay. The times were different.