I was always positive the nomination was rigged, but now

Donna Brazile and Elizabeth Warren admit to it?

WTF?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/elizabeth-warren-says-2016-democratic-224556384.html

Y’all need an election do over and some serious and immediate reforms.

5 Likes

I briefly caught this on TV today.
I believe it was rigged against Sanders. (The whole Stein ticket was just bizarre). I do have lib/prog family/friends and not one was voting for Hillary.
They all wanted Sanders to have the nomination.

I honestly think if Sanders had gotten the nomination that libs/progs wouldn’t be so angry. They essentially got screwed over twice.

4 Likes

Well, yes, we did. By our own party first, which is the worst. That’s why I detest Hillary Clinton. She was so desperate to be president she completely subverted the democratic process. How dare she.

We have the Podesta emails, we have this, we have hundreds upon hundreds of reports from precincts, we have the lawsuit filed against the DNC, in which the judge basically said we got screwed, and we have the super delegate bullshit. Lots of evidence that the process was not democratic.

It’s why I left the Dem party.

3 Likes

Post of the year!

2 Likes

This is a bombshell. Watch it disappear from the MSM.

1 Like

It’s not quite a bombshell. It only validates what most of us old lefties knew the first time we saw a picture of Wasserman Schwartz, or heard her speak.

And truth be told, the DNC has been a shell game going back at least a couple of decades.

Remember the 2008 primaries, when HRC suddenly and without a convincing explanation canceled her candidacy and told her peeps to support Obama who was slightly behind her in polling? Did anyone see any red flag there?

I was like, oh crap…the shit is gonna hit the fan and “THEY” want a president who can make it look good…that won’t be Hills.

4 Likes

All that may be true, but it is indeed a bombshell for someone who was HEAD of the DNC to make the accusations in such a public way. There is a big difference between suspecting something is true and having someone who is involved admit that it’s true. Sorry. This is a total and complete bombshell that will be excused, whitewashed, diminished, and ultimately ignored by the MSM and legal bodies of every ilk.

Democracy is dead.

Time for a strong third party that doesn’t engage in this bullshit.

1 Like

Time for a third party but I doubt it will be bullshit free.

You need a federal elections body.

1 Like

Yup. Completely disappeared from the MSM. As if it never happened.

1 Like

Does it really matter anymore? At what point do we stop harping on Hillary and move on?

The power structure of the DNC knows and knew all of it. The party was mortally wounded in 2015-16, but only in terms of its moral right to life.

Someone called it at the time…several someones… that it was dead on its feet but did not know it. That has proven to be correct. It’s deader than a dinosaur but hasn’t had the grace to get out of the way so wiser heads can re-invent it.

Trump wrecked the Republican party also, but to its credit it kind of wised up. I had high hopes that 2016 was going to reinvent the wheel in terms of the 2-party system, but sadly it doesn’t appear so.

I think it’s because of the corporatists.

2 Likes

Move on? I haven’t seen anyone do anything to repair this crooked system. In fact, Tom Perez, the head of the DNC, expelled all of the progressives recently. This is something that should disturb every Democrat in the country. But instead, silence.

Moving on from this is tacit agreement that democracy is dead, and it doesn’t really fucking matter.

1 Like

No, instead Perez is doubling down on the bullshit that caused them to lose the presidency in the first place.

1 Like

It’s time for a third party option but the Progressives will divide the left vote. You need a balanced middle of the road group representing the middle class better.

As for change, that has to happen within the DNC itself plus you need some electoral oversight that is independent.

It can’t happen within the DNC. They have rigged the party structure to make it impossible. This became all too apparent when Perez purged the committee, or board, or whatever they call it.

1 Like

Then it’s time to branch out.