In ancient Rome, augury was the practice of interpreting omens

from the behavior of birds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV2wCXKgG1E

Want to know what really happens in the US government? You can learn a lot in one hour here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv7iflHYx_E

Wasn’t that the guy that advocated free tertiary education?

Good thing he didn’t get elected.

All those professors, tutors and lecturers working for no pay whatsoever.

So explain to me how it was that when public universities in the USA were tuition-free (yes, they once were), ALL of the university employees got paid?

I’d be happy to.

The TAXPAYER paid for these academics. What that meant was that the bus driver, soldier, chef, barman and cab driver, et al, paid for doctors, architects, engineers and other sundry professions to receive their degree, whereupon they proceeded to earn considerably greater salaries than those that paid for their education.

Hope that helps.

Oh, and I don’t know about where YOU live, but where I live, the student fees cover only about 30% of the total cost of tertiary education.

So, then what’s the BFD if taxpayers pay for the other 30%? I mean, currently, the taxpayers pay for endless wars and for corporate welfare, and for POTUS’ million-dollar golf outings. That’s a lot of money right there. You worried that the billionaires and corporations might have to pay their fair share of taxes? :cry:

You asked me a question.

I answered it.

What that has to do with the expenditure of other arms of our government, only you can tell.

^^^^^^ Surrender accepted.

1 Like

My dear, it seems that you hold an understanding of the word “surrender” that any literary person would dispute. You asked me a question, and you received an answer. How that extrapolates into a surrender, even using the broadest understanding of the term, only you will know…or care.

If you wish to engage in debate, at least have the courtesy to make yourself, and the issue clear.

2 Likes

The way convos typically work in my understanding, is there is Q’s and A’s but there is not a requirement for both parties to agree on the A’s, nor even the Q’s for that matter.

1 Like

So, what you’re saying is that LotusBud may have been asking what I thought of her new hairstyle?

And had I answered “chipotle”, it would have made rational sense?

1 Like

your mom

Is dead.

What’s your point?

I’m already bored with your nonsense.

Stick around.

I’m just warming up.

1 Like

Yeah. I think you’ll be talking to yourself soon enough.

Yet here you are, sniffing my tracks all around the forum, hoping for a bone.

I’ve been around these things for many, many years, toots. And the one thing no-one has ever accused me of is diminishing the post and views count.

My advice to you is to step away, and ignore me. You’ll be better off, believe me.

Okay.

Wow, this sure sounds familiar…

1 Like