It's that day today

Deadift day! That means fucked up shin day!

:joy:

1 Like

Heā€™s right there!

NOW donā€™t get all offended or anything (any of youse). I have a serious question. I am trying to get the psychology. What goes through your head when a) you decide to take a selfie, and b) you decide to post it here? I am serious. This is like a very foreign language to me. Does not compute.

1 Like

I have the attention span of a weasel, Iā€™m confident and I enjoy conversation- even if itā€™s trolling! :sunglasses:

I posted this between sets, and thought hmmā€¦ letā€™s see who comments.

1 Like

I actually think thatā€™s the exact dĆ©finition of an attention whore.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s fine.

2 Likes
2 Likes

It may be an age thing. He may be saying ā€œHey World, I have arrived.ā€

Literally everyone my age takes selfies. Yā€™all can call us retarded or over confident or whatever, but atleast we didnā€™t buy 5 million pet rocksā€¦ LOL

4 Likes

LOL I Also laughed at people who bought pet rocks. And tamagochis. And finger spinners. Iā€™m from the yo-yo days.

3 Likes

I can happily say Iā€™ve never had any of those things.

I had a Schwinn Continental 10 Speed when all the losers were riding Varsities. Lol.

3 Likes

Pet rocks? Huh?

Honestly, selfies make me want to puke. WTF. I never suggested selfieism was retarded, or involved ā€œover confidence,ā€ whatever that isā€¦ Please, look up ā€œnarcissistic persoanlity disorderā€ and ponder it for a few minutes.

1 Like

Taking selfies doesnā€™t make you a ā€œmalignant narcissistā€ Boro. Donā€™t listen to that crap.

I understand itā€™s what your generation does. You guys are the masters of oversharing online because you never hang out with people IRL. :smiley:

1 Like

10 speeds were for kids who liked being left on the road while the rest of us hit the trails on our BMXs.

I used to motocross on my vintage schwinn telegraph bike.

Thatā€™s crazy talk!

Not all young people take selfies all the time. I know. I am surrounded by people in their early 20s.

Just FYI (You never know when this might come in handy)

7 Deadly Sins of Narcissism
1.Shamelessness: Shame is the feeling that lurks beneath all unhealthy narcissism, and the inability to process shame in healthy ways.
2.Magical thinking: Narcissists see themselves as perfect, using distortion and illusion known as magical thinking. They also use projection to ā€œdumpā€ shame onto others.
3.Arrogance: A narcissist who is feeling deflated may ā€œreinflateā€ their sense of self-importance by diminishing, debasing, or degrading somebody else.
4.Envy: A narcissist may secure a sense of superiority in the face of another personā€™s ability by using contempt to minimize the other person or their achievements.
5.Entitlement: Narcissists hold unreasonable expectations of particularly favorable treatment and automatic compliance because they consider themselves special. Failure to comply is considered an attack on their superiority, and the perpetrator is considered an ā€œawkwardā€ or ā€œdifficultā€ person. Defiance of their will is a narcissistic injury that can trigger narcissistic rage.
6.Exploitation: Can take many forms but always involves the exploitation of others without regard for their feelings or interests. Often the other person is in a subservient position where resistance would be difficult or even impossible. Sometimes the subservience is not so much real as assumed.
7.Bad boundaries: Narcissists do not recognize that they have boundaries and that others are separate and are not extensions of themselves. Others either exist to meet their needs or may as well not exist at all. Those who provide narcissistic supply to the narcissist are treated as if they are part of the narcissist and are expected to live up to those expectations. In the mind of a narcissist, there is no boundary between self and other.

That got me to thinking. If I take my own facebook friends as a small sample, I can say this:

I have quite a few young ā€œfriendsā€ ā€“ my kids, some of my kidsā€™ friends, and some of my former students. None of them take a lot of selfies. There are two people among my ā€œfriendsā€ who take a ton of selfies. One is in her late 40s, the other is in her early 60s.

So, I think (itā€™s just what I think, not a pronouncement) itā€™s more of a personality trait than an age thing, though admittedly, more narcissists among the young will take selfies than narcissists among the older crowd, because more of them are going to be adept with the technology.