Krispy Kreme donuts now illegal in Orlando

Around here it’s a chain called Yum Yum. On the rare occasion I actually buy donuts I tend to get them there because there’s one every mile or so and they are cheaper than KK. Nothing special at all about them that I can see. it’s the same way out here with burgers. Californian’s are gaga about In & Out. People swear it’s the nectar of the God’s and the lines generally stretch a block. I’ve had In & Out maybe twice in 15 years. It’s just another fukking burger. People are fukking lemmings.

Holy fuck, an In & Out opened in Medford (About 40 Miles North of the CA Border) and the Portland TV News was gaga over it, and talked about it incessantly pre-opening, then when they did open they of course they had reporters onsite and the lines stretched around the block for miles.The Interstate Freeway was closed man!

I saw that on the news. They were interviewing people who tried it and most were like… WTF, I’ll stick with Jack in the Box.

I worked at a donut shop for a few months in my younger years, most roach infested place I’ve ever seen… I bet I haven’t ate a dozen donuts all together since.

One of my jobs was to fill up these flour buckets that they’d make the dough out of… every bucket you pull out would have at least 3-4 cockroaches in it, so I’d hurry up and bury them in flour before they could get away. :smile:

3 Likes

I’ve told this before, but for years in my town a running joke was “Hey get me one of the sperm filled ones” There was a story that went around that late one night a Cop pulls into an all Night Donut Shop and there’s no one around, he figures their out back and waits…then he hears moaning from the back he gets all jacked up thinking there’s some criminal shit going down, he draws his weapon and quietly makes his way to the back room, to find the night guy standing at the dough vat with his pants down stroking his meat for all he was worth aiming it into the big vat.

2 Likes

I worked at a little indie pizza joint that was similar. It was so fukking hot in the back from the pizza ovens that we would just keep the big back door to the place open all the time. Fukking roaches and mice were free to come and go as they pleased. How they maintained an “A” rating from the restaurant inspectors is beyond me, but come to think of it, I don’t actually ever recall seeing an inspector. The place was owned by a St. Louis mob family and I’m guessing they just paid them off. This place was incredibly popular, always winning “best local pizza” awards. Man, if customers only knew what they were eating.

1 Like

Yeah this place was owned by some Christian dickheads who were holier than thou and the place was infested, they had racks of donuts ready to go out for delivery and they’d be crawling with roaches. They had most of the convenience store business in town wrapped up and delivered their fresh cockroach donuts all over town every morning.

2 Likes

In&Out is overrated, 5 Guys or the Habit are both better.

1 Like

5 Guys is pretty good, but overpriced IMO. I really do like The Habit and they are really inexpensive.

I like the Habit’s shakes and their tempura fried green beans.

Yummy thought, but risking a hijack.
Damn few places around here to get anything like that.

Flyover County is the worse continent in 'Murrica!

1 Like

I don’t usually eat anything deep fried but once or twice a year I’ll beer batter a bunch of zucchini fries, jalapeno poppers, onion rings etc. stuff out of the garden, guess I need to try frying up some green beans…

I’m not a fan of green beans, but I like these, and I like them Chinese stir-fried. If they’re too thick they get that green bean-ey taste that I don’t like. Just my ramblings.

Fresh picked green beans are the shizz, but I like them canned or frozen too, the one crop I worked when I did slave labor in my younger days that I didn’t grow to hate, I still am not too fond of Strawberries.

I did a packing shed stint for a time, I was raised on the most awesome peaches but couldn’t touch them for about 5 years after. Funny that plums didn’t bother me.

I picked my first sugar baby watermelon today and it was so good… not much there, 4 not real thick slices, but it was really good…

2 Likes

I grew a shit load of peaches this spring. Much more than I could possibly eat and more than I cared to pick. About half just went to birds on the trees and varmints on the ground. The ones I did pick and clean were every bit as large and tasty as any store bought.

1 Like

I’m not much a fan of fresh strawberries either. In pastries and such they are fine.

I saw some garden guru guy saying that strawberries start losing their flavor as soon as they’re picked. I don’t like the tasteless grocery store strawberries but right out of a strawberry patch they’re awesome.