Lizzy Warren got the green envy of the O - Like she would not take it

https://www.yahoo.com/news/elizabeth-warren-im-troubled-obamas-400000-wall-street-speaking-fee-204525220.html

1 Like

Well, Obama always has been a corporate whore. Remember, he also has Wall Street folks in his cabinet, and he never pushed for single payer.

I don’t know why you want to act like a CON and call it envy. He’s a damn neoliberal whore. Real liberals aren’t envious of that.

Don’t tell me she would turn down 400k

and she got the green monster cause her chance of getting sich is fucking zero

I don’t know whether she would or not, honestly. But I think it’s sickening. Not that I expected any better from O. I knew in 2007 that he was a corporate whore.

POTUS’ pension is 205k a year for life. Plus, he can make money everywhere he goes. Why the fuck should he feel the need to whore himself out to Wall Street if he’s not just a fuckin’ whore?

So if you speak to “Wall Street” you’re a corporate whore?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yJO5xCEDmk

1 Like

Oh, come on. Seriously?

Yes, Starling, if you take almost half a million dollars from the very industry that bought our government off to prevent them from giving the people health care, the industry that threw people out of their homes, the industry that profits off the war machine, etc., yes, you’re a damn whore.

Obama is a war mongering, corporate whoring neolib. Just like Hillary and Bill.

I would rather hang out with drug addicts than corporate whores. The addiction of greed is far more dangerous and insidious than any drug.

How do influence Wall Street types if you don’t talk to them?

Starling, if you honestly think that’s what he’s doing, you need to get a ticket to reality. You are really, deeply lost.

In think I honestly asked you a question, which you did not answer.

How do you expect me to answer that? I don’t believe for one second he is trying to influence them. They’re paying him off for all the shit he did for them.

Here’s a reality check:

Lets agree about one thing regarding Obama: he sure gives great speeches! Remember his speeches about “hope and change” and “change we can believe in” that moved the nation in the 2008 campaign?

What Obama did not include in his 2008 speeches about “change we can believe in” was that, while he was lifting spirits of voters with rousing oratory about change, he was raising a lot of money from big banks and Wall Street firms and planning to repay their support by naming Timothy Geithner as Treasury secretary almost immediately after his “change we can believe in” campaign triumphed at the polls.

Before Obama named him Treasury secretary, Geithner had been one of the worst presidents of the New York Fed in its history, presiding over the Wall Street scandals and misdeeds that led to the financial crash that helped Obama be elected president. After he left his post as Treasury secretary, Geithner moved to enhance his wealth as president and managing director of a major private equity firm on Wall Street.

In between, while Geithner was Treasury secretary, he successfully pushed Obama to propose modestly small stimulus and financial regulation packages, which led to the slowest economic recovery in many decades, while the Wall Street traders and executives that caused the crash continued to flourish.

This contributed to the backlash across the country that led to Republicans controlling the House, the Senate and the majority of governorships and state legislatures after eight years of Obama as president.

1 Like

I’m sorry LB. I’m too tired to get into this tonight without ending up making a muck of it. I’ll hopefully have my wits about me tomorrow.