Lotus/Roose, a quickie if I may

I was wondering if at the end of the year you receive teaching gifts from students? If so, what has been your favourite gift?

If they write a nice note it is the best. And also some sorts of food like baklava or other sweets.

Yes. I can’t say I’ve had a favorite gift. I am always touched when they give me things. Some of them are very touching – like little poems about how much the class meant to them sort of things.

One student gave me a $100 gift card. I felt bad, wanted to give it back to him, because I know he didn’t have much money. But I didn’t open it till after he was gone and I never saw him again.

Were you considering teaching in hope of receiving sex toy gifts?

Is that why you graduated with honors, Midge?

1 Like

Well I was thinking about it but the gifts aren’t adult enough for me.

You’re really twisted you know that? :smile:

1 Like

I should calrify that if he’d been well off, I would have been fine with the gift, given how underpaid I am. But this guy worked at 7/11. I looked for him for months before I used the card in an effort to give it back to him. It made me feel horrible.

Did you declare it as income?

Ah, shaddup.

Ya know, 'cause then you mightn’t feel so horrible about it. :kissing:

I don’t feel bad about the IRS. Most of our tax dollars go to war and corporate welfare. And besides, you know you don’t have to declare gifts under a certain amount.

1 Like

Would a gift card even be considered income?

1 Like

WRONG.

Only 16% of your federal taxes go to the military.

Nice try.

I said war AND corporate welfare. Add those two together, it’s most of my taxes.

Still wrong.

No. Doc’s just being an old fart.

Prove it.

I do not consider that assessment accurate because it completely ignores corporate welfare. So, FAIL.

2 Likes