Lotus/Roose, a quickie if I may

Thanks for your resignation. :slight_smile:

It’s not a resignation. Those charts that say 24% or whatever goes to social safety nets are completely disingenuous because they do not designate how much of the money spent on those programs goes to employees of WalMart, say. Or how many dollars were spent on people who lost their jobs because some US corp shipped out to China. Or how many dollars were spent on medical care for people whose employers do not provide them with health insurance. Or how many tax dollars are spent on military personnel who are fighting wars for oil companies. Etc. Those charts are for simpletons.

Every category in that chart has hidden corporate welfare expenditures that are never itemized or even acknowledged.

2 Likes

Dollars spent on mil personnel is included in the defense one.

:slight_smile:

Not all the dollars spent on them when they get home and can’t get work, or go crazy and kill people. etc. etc. etc.

1 Like

That would fall under the “duh” category.

You mean, “Duh, that budget breakdown I posted is UTTER BULLSHIT”? Yeah, I know.

Oh, is that all.

(Roll-eyes emoji)

What gets me is that the budgets for education, transportation, and medical and scientific research combined amount to less than the military budget. And that’s just the official military budget. In reality, there is a butt load of off-the-record military spending. And, the unfortunate truth is that most military action is in service of corporate interests, not national security at all.

1 Like