Meet my new girl, Osha

“Stars don’t fall for men. But the comet means one thing, boy. Dragons.”
―Osha

6 Likes

How close is that neighbor with the cute blonde teenage daughter?

2 Likes

Pics please!

Damn it

Your ‘new girl’ is beautiful.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Could you provide a link?

Once I took a B+W of the moon using a 300 mm lens with a 2x attachment. I put the camera on the bulb setting and placed a piece of corrugated cardboard in front of the camera with a cutout area, maybe 5 by 8 inches. I would pass the open area over the lens, it acted like a detached shutter release, creating a near perfect image. I could actually see the crater walls. You could try something like that maybe.

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/Orion-StarSeeker-150mm-Reflector-Telescope/dp/B014EXH1SM

1 Like

The best bit about an item like this is the next 20 years it spends in the garage after you realize you don’t enjoy math that much.

1 Like

Once it’s set up you need no math, it has a go-to finder. If you can spell, ie J-U-P----oh look, it’s saying you want to look at Jupiter, you’re good.

3 Likes

So you’re going to leave it set up all the time outside?

Probably not in northern Michigan on the shores of a great lake.

1 Like

I can break it down in 5 minutes and I have a place to store it inside.

1 Like

Okay.

How decent of you to necro this thread, are you sure you have been taking all your prescribed medications?

Too many probably. I am just working my way through my list of shit and this was next. I can’t even pretend I noticed when the last post was. This was just the top of the list, bottom of the page.

Just saying we welcome you here, but we contain most our flaming to one of our younger posters, most think of as like an enthusiastic, but sometimes uppity nephew.

I wasn’t flaming, this is just a pretty reoccurring theme.

Oh wow space
Telescope so cool
Use it twice
Realize it’s the same shit you’ve been seeing for years
Becomes too much trouble
Useless shit in garage.

I am just politely trying to give him a little perspective on his place in what is a pretty common pattern.

Excuse me??

Sorry, wine posting …in general as of late imho, most “Flaming” @CBT, is reserved for our “Little brother” “Bromo”

Is drunk flaming different to sober flaming? So far I thought I’d been on my best behavior. I haven’t been bringing up the inadequacies of people, or their failings to be a functioning human, or how badly their parents must have been raised to bring up a fuckwit like that.

I’ve been damn near fucking cordial here.