More jobs lost under Trump

Caterpillar shuts plant in Aurora, Illinois, that employs 800

Trump is claiming this as a win, no doubt.

even more winnin!

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/americans-jobs-headed-mexico-once-100000109.html

But now the pace is picking back up.Illinois Tool Works Inc. will close an auto-parts plant in Mazon, Illinois, this month and head to Ciudad Juarez. Triumph Group Inc. is reducing the Spokane, Washington, workforce that makes fiber-composite parts for Boeing Co. aircraft and moving production to Zacatecas and Baja California. TE Connectivity Ltd. is shuttering a pressure-sensor plant in Pennsauken, New Jersey, in favor of a facility in Hermosillo.

I wonder if any of the brain dead Trump voters will be able to figure out now that Trump doesn’t give a flying rat’s ass fuck about them.

1 Like

He will save them during the next campaign and Murricans will voat for him again.

Yeah, right. The millions who will have lost their jobs by 2020 won’t be quite as gullible. They will still be stupid in 2020, but you know, the whole, “Fool me once…fool me twice” thing even most dumb people can figure out.

Eeee took yer jerbs!

Companies ain’t a scardy cats of cheeto no more

I don’t know what it’s going to take for folks to realize that corporations are loyal to no one. They are loyal to money.

Now if you want to make changes, you need to speak their language. In that respect, I think shareholder action is where it’s at.

Probably true. They need infiltrating, though.

Who does?

All of the companies need way more shareholders who give a shit about workers, consumers, the environment, the future, etc.

They have plenty. The trouble is they need to get them voting their shares and putting forward shareholder resolutions in the best interest of the shareholders. Interests include sustainability as well as profits.

To get the attention of corporations and activate change, you don’t need 51% of the vote. You’ll never have that. I’ve seen resolutions, like executive compensation fail on 10%.

I’ll believe that when they do start voting for change. Right now, I have no proof of that.

Look into shareholder action by union pension plans.

1 Like

There’s going to be a bigger decline in defined contribution plans as time wears on.

[quote=“LotusBud, post:7, topic:19865”]
"Fool me once…fool me twice
[/quote] I think you mean

Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can’t get fooled again.

1 Like

aaaah, when you look back on the great orators that we have had in the WH, then look at the butt munch we have in there now, it’s just so very sad.