Most Reports Of Hate Crime Are Fake

So, you’re saying domestic violence doesn’t happen when a woman is able to choose her spouse?

Wow. That turns everything I know about domestic violence in the USA on its head.

And no expats are raped? OK.

PS, living in a place where one (or even some) is unable to choose one’s spouse is a frightening prospect to me.

No I am saying that here there is a certain group for whom domestic violence is an issue. Poor, rural or newly urbanized (slum dwellers), uneducated, and religious. I am not saying it is a perfect country for everyone, just that personally I feel safer here than I did in the USA. And I think the statistics bear out that the USA is a more violent country than Turkey. There are sure as hell more guns there.

Yes. This is clearly a problem in the US.

But, you’re a man. Women have different issues than men when choosing a place to live. Attitudes toward women matter.

I wouldn’t want to be a lower class woman here. Middle or upper class though, it wouldn’t be any different than being in a western country.

And we are supposed to be a disarmed country and people here kill more than in 99% of the world.

And we don’t have many muslims