Mountain Ridge Pond Gone

Remember the pond where the Swans were - I told you about them and the cignets. A week ago I was up there and surprised to see that with all the rain we’ve had that the pond was low. Yesterday I’m there and I’m like. “Where’s the water? Where it went?”
On my way around the back of the pond I cross the outlet stream and it was flowing pretty well so I had expected to see the pond above its usual level, but no. Had not occurred to me that this was a Beaver pond, and the early Spring storms had broke the damn, which I now can understand is out of view and the pond has been draining. Yesterday after coming to that realization I did spot one Beaver lazily swimming about in a water pooled area, and I was like “Hey - get to work, Beaver”. It may be the end of the pond as the original stream bed is now exposed. All those poor fish and turtles. And what of the water fowl who depend on the pond as a migration stop-over? Slacker Beaver.

That;s the way it works

the other day I looked a sat image where I grew up -

the pond deep in the woods is gone - just fucking gone

same thing fish and sich

The new generation of beavers. Worthless.

Have you considered writing a letter to Meghan Sussex?

The Duchess of Sussex County? Oddly enough that is were the Pond was.

Well duh!

Sussex County

Maybe they’re smart enough to know they’ve lost the war to humans.

I think they are just lazy and have great feelings of entitlement.

Holliday hates beavers, as well.

1 Like

Not busy beavers, bunny…

Buster Bunny.

I imagine once a beaver reaches the ripe old age of, say, 18, they become sufficiently less busy to lose your interest.

Actually they are usually dead by then, bunny. No one likes dead beaver. Well, almost no-one.

PS: Later

I see no one is touching this.
…yes
Necrophilia is no joking matter.