My 2016 Garden Thread

You could use big jars, I see people with lots of weed using big plastic storage containers, you probably want to make sure the plastic isn’t offgassing any shit though.

1 Like

Thanks, man. Seems like a tight seal is the real prerequisite, hence the Mason jars. I may hit some 2nd hand or thrift shops and see what they might have.

You could do 5 gallon buckets, I see people using those too. I’d smell the containers before buying them though for funky plastic/chemical smells.

1 Like

Yeah, I had this vision of me burping about 130 Mason jars every day and that ain’t gonna happen.

I have a few friends back east who are interested in pounds, so I’m hoping to move a good amount as soon as I can get it all cured. I’m thinking $1200 if they come get it or $1500 if they meet me halfway in Colorado or New Mexico. Of course it all hinges on how the quality of the product turns out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq0GKmgIxQk

1 Like

LOLOLOL… funny but true.

Time for my secret weapon… BUD IGNITOR. It’s a one-time application you use in week 1 of bloom to boost size and potency of flowers.

Because I’m using super soil, I can’t really switch feeding from Nitrogen heavy to Phosphate heavy, so I’m hoping this helps.

1 Like

DUDE I use that one here

That shit is going to make your plant get flowers top to bottom

By far the most expensive fert I use, but worth it

1 Like

I think you guys are buyin the advanced nutrients voodoo juice… if you think that shit’s great take a piss in a 5 gallon bucket of water once a week and water with that, then compare your results to the pricey advanced nutrients bottles of water.

Cool. Yeah, it was like $50 for a 500ml bottle, but the guy at the hydro store said if you only buy one thing for your outdoor grow… this is the shit you want! Plus, it’s you only use like 2ml per liter of water, so one bottle goes a looooong way.

I picked the biggest zucchini ever today, it didn’t even have one on it a few days ago so it’s not an old overripe one or anything… should be good… the plant is a real monster and has been super green and healthy looking.

1 Like

Any ideas what might be causing this?

It has me a little worried. I’m seeing it on all plants… some more than others. It’s not epidemic yet, maybe 7 or 8 leaves on the worst plants, but it came on suddenly and I didn’t see it last year at all. I’m in the 2nd week of flower.

If you’re not under-watered, could be a pH thing

I dunno the first thing about raising pot but other plants “burn” like this in my garden from time to time

Thanks. I have an electronic pH meter and I seem to be in the normal range. I did add a 0-1-2 “bloom booster” phosphate amendment about a week ago, but in almost trace amount and this doesn’t look like nute burn.

You may be right about under watering though. It kind of looks like leaf burn. I water every night, but temps have been 100+F for over a month straight now, so maybe it’s still not enough water.

It’s the heat, man

They’re probably well fed and all, but with those temps, some nutrients are not absorbed well by the plant

Then you put water to compensate for the heat and they end up absorbing more of other nutrients, so they end up like that, looking like they’re in a lack and excess at the same time

I fucking hate the heat to grow weed, after this last batch I’ll be so happy to turn it all off for the summer.

1 Like

So if you have to water more, should you also be adding more nutrients so it doesn’t get diluted? Serious question, since I add water but still see burn (I have a brown thumb)

I don’t think so. These nutes have a limit on how much you should give the plant. What happens is that you put the nutes, the water dries quickly, the nutes stay in the soil, you put more water with nutes, you see what happens? You overfeed them easily. Each plant is a different case, some can take more, others, not so much.

Even weed is like that, some plants will eat a lot and drink a lot of water, others not so much

I always check the weight on the vase to see how humid the soil is, sometimes I’ll skip watering it altogether for a day. I keep a mental note of what I gave to the plants, but some of them will need something different, you see the leaves yellowing on mid-flowering, for example, you put some magnesium and nitrogen, but only on those with the yellowing

That’s what I was thinking… just the abnormal amount and duration of heat we’re getting this summer. Not much I can do about that but hope it starts cooling down some soon. Last year it was the crazy winds we had and this year the crazy heat. Man, outdoors growing is just a bitch.

Mutherfukking leaf hoppers are becoming a problem. I’m seeing more and more.didn’t have any last year. Apparently they become a problem during really Dry and hot spells. These little things are stealthy as fukk and are nearly impossible to catch. When you get a few inches from them they dance around to the other side of the leaf. Too late in the game to use neem oil.

They suggesting planting a couple tomato plants along the weed

Tomato is the only thing insects love more than weed

2 Likes