My San Jose Chokes will likely demonstrate the basis for this nickname tonite

2 Likes

They ended up winning. Ah well, the disappointment will happen Saturday, I guess.

2 Likes

They’re setting us up, Wab.

1 Like

I watched the Sharks game last night. Good for them. I don’t like the whole Knights schtick but then again I hated the Ducks and Sharks schtick when they showed up too. Even though former Wings great Gerrard Gallant is their coach (He played on a line with Yzerman and Probert) I never got into the whole Vegas show thing.

Also, speaking of Steve Yzerman…
At 6am a 3pm press conference was announced. By 6:15 every Red Wings fan was up, out of bed and having a truly Good Friday.

Steve Yzerman will be announced as the new Wings GM today. A new Wing Dynasty perhaps?

source

1 Like

OMFG

Hertl with a shortie in double OT

Sharks will have to choke at home in game 7

BWAhahahaaaaa

2 Likes

May the least chokey team win.

I loved that they scored the winning goal in a power play that the Knights were clearly feeling overconfident about.

Tuesday, we get kicked in the groin.

Fleury, LOL. Bzzzzzt, wrong answer. This is still my favorite Marc Andre Fleury moment ever, all the Penguins bravado coming down the tunnel at Joe Louis Arena before Game 1 of the 2008 Final. What an omen this was.

Teens were laughing at him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ4NZIpmZ7A

LIVE! From my upstairs library/media room, it’s TWO game 7’s tonight. I have created the civilized man cave for sports watching.

Go Boston, Go Sharks

3 Likes

Plus, that was probably the funniest Big Bang Theory scene in the whole run.

(edit: wait, is that a Frozen character over there?)

I know you’re not forgetting about game 5 at the Moda Center, (7;30 PCT consult local listings) where the Blazer’s will attempt making it to the 2nd round for the first time in ages.

1 Like

Yes, I have Frozen, Minions, Batman and Star Wars Fatheads for the kids in my life to enjoy. You can also see some of the LotR Funko Pops on top of the bookshelves.

When my sisters and I grew up and went to grandparents or aunts and uncles not ONE had anything decent for us to do while our parents visited or it was a rotten day outside. I promised myself one of the three bedrooms would be transformed into indoor nirvana if kids needed a place to hang. I have 5 kids 11 or under in my circle either related or not who will visit from time to time so here they go.

2 Likes

You are a good uncle.

I have the Mr Potato Head “Darth Tater” and “Spud Trooper” in my office, complete with lightsaber potato masher. But those are for ME.

2 Likes

I got the Minions because of my Downs Syndrome nephew Max who LOVES Minions. Three are young ladies so Frozen to them is everything. I have Anna as well. There’s a friend’s boy who is the 11 year-old and loves LotR (I have all the extended DVD’s) and Star Wars. I have a Death Star Fathead on the ceiling.

2 Likes

DeBoer has always done such a great job getting under people’s skin.

He completely screwed with Tortorella’s head so bad when he coached the Devils. This was the last regular season game in 2012 and DeBoer sent all his fighters out for the opening faceoff at MSG. Tortorella didn’t have to respond in kind, but he felt he did being at home.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIlLbJHKw8M

1 Like

LOL @ the rescraping they needed to do to get the bloody ice off

1 Like

Game 7 franchise records:
Toronto 12-11
Boston 14-12

San Jose 6-4
Las Vegas 0-0

Montreal 14-9
Detroit 14-11
Pittsburgh 10-6
NY Rangers 9-6
LA Kings 7-4
Chicago 7-7

I would have thought the Celtics would have been in more game 7’s than that.

1 Like

Way more than the Patriots, anyway