NC cops kill unarmed deaf man

Is a cop going to shoot it off your head?

Please, don’t be disingenuous.

I’m not being the least bit disingenuous.

What is it about a trained police officer that causes him to shoot an unarmed deaf man?

Speculate.

I already did. I called it Road Rage. In reality, it’s been established for years that cops who’ve been driving in an extended car chase are pissed at being disrespected by the chased vehicle, and get into a “how dare this MF not stop when I’ve ordered him to” rage. By the time the chase terminates (unless the chased vehicle has crashed spectacularly and is in flames) every officer on the scene will be pumped full of adrenaline, and all “Isosceles, Cocked & Unlocked” before the poor fucker even opens his door.

His chances of surviving the encounter WITHOUT getting lit up and ventilated are MUCH WORSE than in an ordinary traffic stop. There’s been research, but you can look it up as easily as I can.

1 Like

I think I’m going to need some stats on that.

I believe him, it’s standard operating procedure that if you lead them on a high speed chase you’re going to at least get beat half to death.

I’ve heard that before first hand but if that’s an issue, it needs to be dealt with in training procedures. That’s ridiculous that they are shooting people who don’t pull over without even ascertaining a reason.

Needs moar guns

Thanks for confirming my point in the OP, and I’ll assume you’re done arguing about it now. :grin:

I kind of remember that one. Crazy shit. That was where the one cop fired about 50 of the 137 rounds… and after all of the shooting had stopped and it was obvious to everyone else that no one could have survived, he actually jumped up on the hood of the car and unloaded another 16 rounds into them. I think I remember that he was charged with voluntary manslaughter but was found not guilty… which is nearly always the case in criminal trials because prosecutors don’t really want to go after cops. Shit, most of them know each other. I don’t recall if the DOJ looked into that one or if they did, what became of it.

I remember this, I blame Eric Holder and by extension Obama!

1 Like

This is a story about a black cop shooting a white deaf father They tried really hard to hide this, didn’t they? You were supposed to just assume that it was a white cop shooting a black boy, that fits the BS. The interview with the black neighbor helped to create this false perception.

it was shown on video, so I guess they did a piss poor job of hiding this all important fact.

Perhaps so, and that is a media related issue. However, I made no such assumption and there is no race element in the discussion we’ve had here on this story.

Now that you add the “black cop, white victim” narrative (which I note the Mail, to its credit, did not try to do) it still doesn’t change the main issues in the story…Pursuit Syndrome, poor training, etc. IOW, I’m not seeing that race played into the killing.

2 Likes

Wrong thread. This was about cop violence in general. The race of the cops and victims is neither here nor there for the sake of this particular discussion. There are plenty of other threads dealing with the subject matter and issue you raise and your point would be quite relevent there. It’s a valid point you make.

Just to add however, , many of the LAPD and LASD shootings and beatings of motorists involve minority cops and white victims. It’s not at all uncommon out here.

I don’t believe that race played a role in the killing either. I do believe that the media is suspect in how it reports stories such as this. The way the media reports these things is of greater interest to me that the actions of individual cops, be they black or white.

The media rules the world.

Marshall Mcluhan is shaking his iPhone 6S in anger.