NC cops kill unarmed deaf man

So what are you using to base your challenge on then?

Don’t look now, but the asinine assertion is yours to prove, not his to refute.

You really think it’s asinine? You don’t think more guns in the population increases victimization by police?

I also wasn’t asking him to prove my point wrong. He made a point that stats have gone unchanged since the 50s. That’s his point to prove.

*Researchers at Harvard and elsewhere discovered an alarming fact: Police officers are much more likely to be killed in the line of duty in states with high rates of gun ownership.

The results were shocking: line-of-duty homicide rates among police officers were more than three times higher in states with high gun ownership compared with the low gun ownership states.

“Higher levels of private firearm ownership likely increased the frequency with which officers faced potentially life-threatening situations on the job,” the study says. High rates of officer homicides appeared to be caused “by more frequently encountering situations where privately owned firearms were present,” it says.*

Now what impact so you think these statistics have on the behaviour of officers?

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/07/08/more-police-officers-die-on-the-job-in-states-with-more-guns/

CORRELATION ISN’T CAUSATION, SOMETHING SOMETHING 2ND AMENDMENT AND GUNS!

Besides, Wayne Lapewpewpew of the NRA clearly stated that gun proliferation makes us safer

Well, then, if having more guns makes cops more afraid and likely to kill people, the answer is to get even more guns to keep the cops part of the polite society.

It’s so awbvious, when you think about it.

It does seem asinine to me, in the context of this pig shooting this deaf guy. However, thanks for providing additional Info for me to read and consider. I don’t think your assertion can be stretched far enough to cover this sitch, though.

This appears to be more a case of cop road rage and cop loss of patience…or other anger management probs that aren’t desirable in gun toting public servants.

This shooting is beyond reason. It was senseless and unjustifiable.

It begs the question as to why police seem to have such itchy trigger fingers. I truly believe gun laws and gun possession play a role in police behaviour. How could it not?

As I said, it’s possible they do play a role in cop behavior. However, as I also said, it is a huge stretch to imagine this cop’s behavior in this particular instance was caused by them.

It’d be interesting to hear the cop’s explanation.

His signing sucked maybe

1 Like

I’m shopping for a derby (Bowler). What do you think of this one.

http://www.clearwaterhats.com/Victorian/victorian1.htm

Why is it that much of a stretch?

Is a cop going to shoot it off your head?

Please, don’t be disingenuous.

I’m not being the least bit disingenuous.

What is it about a trained police officer that causes him to shoot an unarmed deaf man?

Speculate.

I already did. I called it Road Rage. In reality, it’s been established for years that cops who’ve been driving in an extended car chase are pissed at being disrespected by the chased vehicle, and get into a “how dare this MF not stop when I’ve ordered him to” rage. By the time the chase terminates (unless the chased vehicle has crashed spectacularly and is in flames) every officer on the scene will be pumped full of adrenaline, and all “Isosceles, Cocked & Unlocked” before the poor fucker even opens his door.

His chances of surviving the encounter WITHOUT getting lit up and ventilated are MUCH WORSE than in an ordinary traffic stop. There’s been research, but you can look it up as easily as I can.

1 Like

I think I’m going to need some stats on that.