New Rules

The population impact of a PP clinic would be negligible.

Yeah. But none of those people will ever say publicly that they don’t have an issue with abortion or birth control – they really have an issue with cheap labor. I think there are far fewer people in office with moral objections to abortion than we are all led to believe.

For people using birth control? There was a decades-old project to lower birth rates in underdeveloped countries. PP was a key part of it.

I have no doubt but I’m betting it’s a drop in the bucket on the population scale at this point. The US wouldn’t see an employment impact for damn near half a century if not more.

Also, injecting wealth into a country and raising the standards of living is the number one cause of employment cost inflation, not access to bodies.

1 Like

I don’t know its ranking, but low populations guarantee higher wages.

I have no doubt there are higher standards of living in countries with lower populations. The thing that happens though is as wealth is poured into countries through manufacturing, the standard of living rises and with it wages rise. What you see then is manufacturers moving to countries that can make products at a lower cost.

Countries with populations in the billions like China would see negligible population impacts from PP clinics. Hell, their population is still on the incline even with a one child rule.

1 Like

They got rid of the 1-child rule. And it turns out people were ignoring it all along. I’m not too sure we ever had PP clinics in China.

There were a lot of loop holes in the rules too. I think they enforced it more on their unpopular minorities, than anyone else.

1 Like

My understanding is they relaxed the rule but didn’t remove it.

Yeah that is the best answer. Even in America one could live on like 10 or 15k per year. The key is to stop wanting material things. A lot of people are incapable of giving it up though. They think they need to buy jewelry to demonstrate they love someone, buy shit for their kids to show they love them, buy cars to impress their neighbors, buy fancy clothes to impress their coworkers, etc etc. That’s why I think everyone should spend at least some time in a country without all the consumer bullshit and realize how totally unnecessary it is…

3 Likes

I think it would be good for the entire planet if everyone stopped consuming so much. Nonetheless, these greedy billionaires still need to quit exploiting people and trying to own the planet. It’s evil and extremely dangerous to life on the planet.

You can only change yourself though…anything else is just frustrating.

2 Likes

That’s hardly the case in a sociopolitical context.

Been living it all my life for the most part. I fell into the money thing for a bit, just enough for it to make me miserable, but I never really worked for the shit. lol

The trade off is you become the outcast, when I went into the ER the other night and they saw I had never been in their systems, and I admitted that I hadn’t even really been to a doctor all my adult life they treated me like a madman, or a drug addict, whatever… They can’t even imagine not being in the system, living life as a free range animal.

4 Likes

Well, that would have worked before there were so many billionaires and all of them were in control of everything

You do know they’d rather kill everyone they don’t need before giving up their money, right?

Like I said, the cat is out of the box.

There’s no changing the status quo.

Unless we have some sort of major divine intervention, we’re fucked and underpaid and that’s for the long haul.

And like LittleRambo said, since the world is getting dirtier, smaller and more dangerous each day, people will do nothing but hang on their money while the rest can die for all they care.

We could see some real change if people abandoned their neanderthal ideas and dropped their heavy breeding, but that’s not happening.

They’re not really liberals, they just claim to be

They’re just trying to take less heat for being rich and trying to pay their way out of guilt

They’re not cons either. They’re basically selfish greedy people who don’t give a shit about anything but themselves.

[quote=“RooseBolton, post:53, topic:18163, full:true”]
You can only change yourself though…anything else is just frustrating.
[/quote]Of course, to do so, one must commit to that change.

1 Like

By forcing their life-sucking employers to pay them better, and provide benefits?

I agree.

2 Likes

https://scontent.fapa1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/12065652_10153330105952424_46365017513026073_n.jpg?oh=bbccc60369702582bcc30f0514901165&oe=58DEDCAB

3 Likes

2 Likes