Normus

I dug out my boyhood .22 - It holds 16 or 17 and shoots em quicker then ya cud think - course that ain’t the object I know

Needs a little cleanup - but it works

One like this - Mossberg - back in the day when boys were boys - I was only told once about how he would wrap it around a tree if I did something dangerous with it.

Uploadimageing…

Oh yeah a friend of mine had one of those, can be a bitch to load in cold rainy weather.

How is it bitch to loads - it loads easy thru the slot or hole in the back when ya take the rod out

ya cud load it in 15 seconds or a tiny bit more

I just remember Tommy shivering and cussing and dropping a couple shells and the rod.

I shot up a dead log earlier

50 year old ammo but it works

I composed a nice long post last night but there was a gateway issue and it wouldn’t post or save, so yer outta luck.

I still have my first .22 rifle though. It’s a Savage “boy’s rifle”, little bitty sucker, single shot with a rolling block chambered for .22 Short. It belonged to my dad’s cousin who got kilt in the Philippines, dates back to about a hunnert years ago.

Others I had, as a teen:
Remington 513 bolt action, box mag.
Browning semi, with the tube mag in the stock like yer Mossberg
Mossberg 44US bolt action, mil surplus target rifle from my Rifle Club days
BSA Martini target rifle, single shot falling block…a total sweetheart.

The only 22 I have these days is a H&K semi with box mag and the best iron sights I ever saw. Had it since the eighties.

1 Like