Oh BTW - The Screening was Negative

Thank you. It’s probably just more MS related bullshit.

Why have you not been given a clear diagnosis?

Because they haven’t looked at my upper GI yet.

Doctors are clueless about autoimmune issues.

1 Like

They’re making a bit of headway but it’s definitely a slow go.

Someone has to pay for the BMW, big house and fancy vacations.

Have you consulted with any naturopaths?
Seems like there are some suggestions out there.

No I haven’t. I’m a bit skeptical when it comes to naturopaths.

See above. Much is trial and error - do it yourself unless you find one who had successful experience and can diagnose…

Even your MS will not be the same as another person’s. That is one of the failings of allopathy. It’s all black, white, and green to it. You need to be an involved patient no matter your malady - and we all have one or more - and how much better if we have an ally in a healer.

2 Likes

I’m every bit as skeptical of doctors. Holly’s right. You have to be your own advocate. I think it’s important to understand that every body is different, especially when it comes to the immune system, and most allopathic doctors just do not get this. Also, it is a proven scientific fact that there are many natural remedies for the things that ail us. It just takes a lot of research, and trial and error, as Holly pointed out, to find the things that work for each individual case and problem.

I ended up with a naturopath who was also an MD. That changed my life.

2 Likes

Here is an interesting one. Re: Naltrexone. I work for a company that is allied to the producer and recently saw a demonstration on a drug overdose which was impressive. It may provide relief for you at lower cost - temporarily.

I know what you mean, why I myself suffer from the heartbreak of psoriasis.

…and you cured it by self medicating with hard liquor and that Jazz music.

Hard licker makes my erection hurt, I’m more the sophisticated wino type.

Sorry - I have to look up the licencing for Drs of Complementary medicine. I have it filed somewhere. List of licensed professionals.

Spirits won’t cause that problem - wine and beer (the yeast?) may.

Right now I’m in a drug trial and so far the results have been good in the sense that no new lesions have developed nor have the ones I have become significantly bigger. That said, I have another MRI on my spine coming up as my legs have gone numb from neuropathy and they’re not sure why. That said, I grew up in a smelter town that exposed us to heavy metals like lead and mercury. It can cause neuropathy and gastro issues as well. I guess I’m just not convinced everything is MS.

I’ve significantly changed my diet on the advice of my doctor and that’s made bit of a difference but not enough to jump for joy.

I’m actually having my pre-infusion appointment tomorrow so I’ll talk to the nurses about naturopaths just to see if they’ve had any patients report success.

If that is the case have you had toxic levels of metals detected and thought about chelation therapy for that?

I recently read book on Alzheimers (with Spoon in mind) and it talked extensively about mitotoxin and metal toxicity. Test methods and remedies described. Book by Dale Bredesen. The diagnostic tools may be useful.

I don’t know if you’ll get recommendations for naturopaths from someone who adheres to allopathic traditions. You might do better to see if you can locate a naturopath (by doing a google search) with an MD somewhere you’d be willing to travel.

There are ways to detox from heavy metals, which could make a huge difference.

I was tested when I was a kid and within normal range but I don’t know about now. I should follow that up.

I know there’s one near me. Maybe I’ll go see him. It’s covered by my benefits plan.

1 Like