Oh Nos

One of my Le Menu plastic microwave plates from 1985 cracked big time

these plates have a cult following and sell for 4 or 5 bucks apiece - plastic plates from frozen food from 1985 are in high demand - go figure - I have them sell fer 6 buks fer one

They are the best plates in the world -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Vintage-Retro-Le-Menu-Reusable-Microwave-Plates-7-3-4-Inches/312689845090?hash=item48cdc46362:g:yfcAAOSwKQJdImkO

I bet if you wrote the Company and complained, they might send you a coupon or something.

Ya can’t fetch new ones - why the fuck do you think ones sell that are 35 years old

Are you bucking for VI

My mother just started collecting jadeite.

Here’s a pic of some food from last weekend, jadeite plate proudly displayed underneath and such

1 Like

Yeah that - cool

My collection is Russell Wright American Modern, last made during WW2. It’s stoneware so very chip-prone although it handles the dishwasher and the microwave okay…some colors get warm in the microwave such as Bean Brown which has a ton of lead in the glaze.

My collection is mostly EARLY POOR

1 Like

I have a couple plates that match, suck it libs!

1 Like

Elitist.

1 Like

For over a thousand generations, the Jadeites were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.

And then they tried to make themselves great again

2 Likes

American Modern was cheap but stylish back in the Depression. It’s fun to collect because it’s not that pricey even now.

Bay in the day ya cud get a set of sit down - the works - for buying gas - a little at a time - I still remember where the gas station was

1 Like