OMFG's! Have you ever tried

to get a urine sample from a 17.75 year old cat, when the VET’S OFFICE FAILED!?!?!??!

It was again time to get Miss D’s blood work done, and this time it included urine testing. (No, not for weed, that’s still illegal here.) But as she had relieved herself before we left, she was all tapped out.

So they sent me home with some plastic litter, a syringe, and a jar for the sample.

I dug out a back up litter box, cleaned it up, and put the fake litter in it. I knew when she had to go, but the second I put her into the prepared box she would have nothing to do with it.

So I put her in the bathroom for awhile. No go.
I sat with her in the bathroom for awhile. No go.

So I put the pan on top of the pan in her regular box, put the dome cover over it, and left her to it. By herself, for 3 hours. (Her water dish was there too.)

When I finally went to check her, SHE DID IT! Have more than half of what the sample bottle would hold.

Praise, treats, and junk cat food later, and maybe I’ll be off her shit list in a month.

Oh, and I just got her blood tests results. Only one item is out of line, but just at the “watch and see” point, the rest is great.

Well, except for the fact I can’t seem to get her to gain any weight which would go a long way securing her health.

Fur babies! The stress, expense, and hassle is insane!!! But I love her to pieces and I want to keep her for as long as she’s comfortable and happy.

3 Likes

My outside feral used to slam into the door when the food dish was empty

Now she just waits

I may need a cat head doctor for this behavior change

1 Like

Literally.