One of the few I liked - Anthony Bourdain - Suicide

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/06/08/anthony-bourdain-cnn-host-and-celebrity-chef-dead-at-61.html

Must be something in the air. I hope he didn’t leave a note

If you’re gonna go, just do it. Screw the dramatics

He musts have crossed Hillary

2 Likes

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-suicide-rates-see-sharp-increase-1999-2016-194430151.html

This is more than likely an unpopular opinion but as usual, I don’t care.

If you want to commit suicide or you have been thinking about it seriously, there’s nothing wrong with you. Sure, society will tell you you are mentally ill, or you need counseling to “get better” or you need some kind of supervision because who would EVER want to take their own life?

Me, Witch King for one. I’ve been suicidal since age 7, yes, not a typo, age 7. I’ve been told I was wrong, ill, stupid, selfish, and all the others. No, you’re not wrong. If you have made the decision, and you’re not going out in some ridiculous murder/suicide or suicide by cop where you involve someone else in your end, then be at peace with it. If you’ve simply had enough, it’s YOUR life. All these inane comments about Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain needing help and not getting it or linking their cases to a suicide prevention hotline. These people don’t care, they don’t. They want to give the impression they care and are helping. I posted a link for suicide prevention, I’m a helper! No, you’re not. You are part of the judgmental crowd pushing people who think about suicide into the shadows with your judgement. Again, you’re not having the positive impact you want.

So, Anthony Bourdian and Kate Spade and anyone else, I’m glad they now have found the peace they could not find in life. The struggle is over. The pain, the awfulness and whatever else made them act, it’s gone now.

“Nothing isn’t better or worse than anything else. Nothing is just…nothing”
– Arya Stark

3 Likes

I worked a crisis hotline for several years, back in the eighties. Some callers wanted or needed help, but a tiny handful just wanted a process check and a sort of blessing. And of course there were others who never called at all. Of all the work I’ve done in this life, paid or volunteer, that was the highest and deepest. I recall two specifically for whom my voice was probably the last one they heard.

1 Like

2 Likes

“Low plastic stool, cheap but delicious noodles, cold Hanoi beer.” This is how I’ll remember Tony. He taught us about food — but more importantly, about its ability to bring us together. To make us a little less afraid of the unknown. We’ll miss him.

~~ Barack Obama

1 Like

This was probably the wurst celebrity death in a few months. I wasn’t Bourdain’s biggest flan, but olive watching his shows. He was berry relatable.

1 Like

I didn’t care for him, but he certainly wasn’t anywhere my obit list.

Holy crap - I was just listening to an interview with him on NPR, but didn’t know why it was being broadcast. Very sad - he was a favorite of mine. He will live in his shows and books.

1 Like

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/34875734_10155274848951750_3879219435319328768_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=65344211cd054812e2fa6b45724d24dd&oe=5BBCFF3D

Hard Times

Moving higher my thumping chest recites the names
of a dozen friends who have died in recent years,
names now incomprehensible as the mountains
across the river far behind me.
I’ll always be walking up toward Antelope Butte.
Perhaps when we die our names are taken
from us by a divine magnet and are free
to flutter here and there within the bodies
of birds. I’ll be a simple crow
who can reach the top of Antelope Butte.

– Jim Harrison

2 Likes

Suicide is just about the dumbest thing anyone can do.

Everyone that does it regrets soon after. EVERYONE.

So if you were terminally ill and in indescribable levels of pain you’d just suffer because that’s what your god wants?

Euthanasia is a bit different from suicide

But maybe you’re going thru that because of karma.

I wouldn’t risk it. Just pump me with enough opioids.

That’s generally what hospice does, until you OD… not saying it’s a bad thing either.

Euthanasia to me is quite a bit different that offing yourself because you’re sad, or you didn’t study for the math test.

1 Like

Now we’re talking about killing oriental kids?

2 Likes