People like Trump are the main cause of the California homeless problem

The whole thing is a mess. Wish I had a viable answer.

Dats easy

Make me head of the whirl

All I know is, I have a HS pal who’s lived in SFO for decades. He’s retired, gets maybe a thou each month in SSR, and another 1300 from the VA for a 40% physical disability.

He lives in fukin Pacific Heights, yo. Last time I was there , over 30 years ago, you needed $70K a year just to live there, and that didn’t get you off-street parking. It’s a lot more now.

But my dude, he lives in the last rent-controlled building on his block in a dinky little one bedroom apartment. I think his rent is maybe 800, a third of his income.

He’s been making it work for a long time.

I grew up in the Bay Area. Sad to see what’s happened. I remember after the Shah of Iran fell. Many Iranians move to the Bay Area. Then it was New York transplants. Then the tech boom happened. This all took place from the 1970s to about 2010 NorCal is a desirable place to live. There is a very fine line to homelessness. Living pay check to pay check and losing a job, can be devastating. I see it every time I’m back. I will never believe all homeless people are addicts or drunks. I’d like to blame it all on the Buffoon, but there’s more to it. Look at white liberal Marin. Affordable housing is a bad word. I can go on. Think I’ll stop for now.

2 Likes