Planting Tomatoes

What’s the coldest it gets in the winter there?

Here’s one like the one pictured for $12… Meyer Dwarf Lemon Tree…

Man they have little tangerine and orange trees too, gotta leave that site before I start spending money.

I’ve been planting quite a bit of this Bright Lights “Rainbow” Chard too, last year the regular and red swiss chard I had sold like hotcakes. Someone else’s photo, mine are just tiny sprouts still.

Wow. I didn’t know they could bear so much fruit when they’re so small. I was thinking it would take years if I plant a small (meaning young, not dwarf) one in the yard.

The coldest it gets here is usually in the 50s. Rarely in the 40s.

1 Like

Meyer lemons are sweet. Maybe I’ll get a little tangerine tree, too. Those are awesome.

1 Like

I’ve seen quite a few people online that have container plants that are even more loaded down with lemons than that one is.

I’m going to see if the independent nursery here has organic ones. I don’t want to get one grown from Roundup Ready seeds here at the Home Depot.

1 Like

It looks like you can just buy a lemon and plant the seeds too.

Yeah. I saw that. Maybe I’ll try both.

I guess it’s OK to eat that chard raw? I was looking at some today and I was thinking that I could take a fresh leaf and make a wrap with it.

Yeah, you’ll usually find some in spring salad mixes, I don’t care for the taste all that much but it’s super healthy for you.

I coincidentally bought a bunch of tomatoes today, regular stuff plus some patio types.

The Miracle Gro should provide all the plants nutritional needs. :grinning:

so would have pissing in a jug of water

It might be worth a try. It would be good to have some sandwich wraps without a lot of carbs.

Actually, I think the texture of the soil is very important as well as the nutrition.

2 Likes

I agree.

Definitely, but I don’t always achieve that with the soil here! What I try to get is a nice loose mix that drains well, I think the tomato mix I have going will be good, they’ve looked happy ever since they’ve gone in it despite a few days of flooding

Planting some peppers too, I have 100+ pepper starts this year, most of them are small but I planted a few the other day and they take off quick once you get them in the ground/beds.

1 Like

I feel the burn…

Well, it’s not meant to be perceived as a workout…

Embrace the burn. Be the burn.