Planting Tomatoes

My wife says those yellow things are just “river weeds”. The do seem to be drought resistant and maintenance free. Since they aren’t costing me anything in time or money maybe I’ll just let them be. Plus, the wife don’t like them. More reason to keep them.

I’ve chopped those roses down 3 or 4 times now and they just keep coming back twice as thick. Since I don’t care to dig up the roots, they may get a pass too.

Yeah, I can’t seem to kill roses no matter how I neglect or overprune them. Just hack 'em back to about 6-8 inches, just before first frost, and watch them rebound at Springtime.

I’ve got a bunch of roses near the house, they’re kind of cool when a bunch of them are blooming but other than that I dislike them. The bugs seem to be making short order of them this year… I chop mine down every year too, that’s just pruning them lol… You gotta dig them p if you want to get rid of them.

Sucks but isn’t that kind of the way it goes with the HOA type stuff? What were you thinking when you bought into all that lol? Society doesn’t have enough rules and I need a few more? hahahaha

I moved out of there about 2 years after I moved in.

That’s one of the reasons I didn’t want to buy new. All of the new developments involved an HOA. It’s bad enough you’ve got people telling you what you can and can’t do with your own property, but you also get to pay them for that privilege. .

1 Like

I know a chick that had a condo in southern california and they had a ton of rules… fuck all that…

I can do about anything I want in my yard short of building permanent structures lol, hell you could probably get away with that in a small town like I used to live in.

I didn’t even know what a HOA was until i started reading this thread. lol

HOA’s are places where people like Lotus Bud can pretend they run the whole universe.

We’ve been eating a ton of tomatoes and giving them away, even doing that the table is still loaded down. Not really enough or flawless enough to sell but they’re great tomatoes especially the darker types. I’ve been letting them finish up ripening on the table so the animals eating on my garden don’t get them first.

I pick an armful or two every day.Just pulled a couple lbs of carrots and barely got into them, the garden carrots are like the tomatoes too, way better tasting than the grocery store garbage.

2 Likes

Those are absolutely gorgeous!

what’s up with those cucumbers though, check out the one in the center towards the right… they have like this protrusion where they didn’t fill out correctly… I’m thinking it has something to do with the massive amounts of rain we got.

It could be…though cucumbers are mostly water. Probably just too much in a short period of time.

1 Like

Vey Nice!

Nothing a little RoundUp won’t fix.

Just dug up a few potatoes, not many but they look good.

I have been getting some tomatoes. I had forgotten how much better they taste than the store bought ones. The store bought ones are breed for tough skin and shipping.

1 Like

and sprayed with pesticides and coated with wax…