Portland PPB Police Brutality Videos

This is their new tactic, rip the masks off protesters and bear mace them point blank in the face. Graphic video, police brutality.

Mason Lake - July 14th North Portland, OR *GRAPHIC....

not a vid

You best stay away from there for a few days. Things seem to be escalating.

Are these Federal police who are beating heads, SUB CONTRACTORS by any chance?

That was the PPB Porkland Police.

I would if I were a a bone spur RepubliKKKan. I just need to get a helmet, gas mask and goggles.

Portland Police? I thought they were Federal police sent by Trump. Why I asked if they were sub contracted police. Something like Black water.

There are two gangs of cops at play here… there is the racist, right wing PPB… and there are the goons/mercs Trump sent in. The PPB are generally wearing black uniforms, Trumps goons wear camo Call of Duty outfits.

Got it. My question is again. Are these police regular Federal police or subcontractors hired by the Fed. Government. Like Black Water, or similar?

1 Like

I consider them Blackwater goons, most don’t have any form of identifying patches etc. drive around in rental cars… think about it too… I’d say there’s a pretty good chance most of these guys are Blackwater/Academia mercenaries.

1 Like

I guess some of the cops in black are DHS goons…

1 Like

Figures… Just like the Buffoon. Be careful.

Good idea. If they can identify you they will take away your next stimulus check.:grin:

The report called for systemic change and increased accountability to strengthen the current system.

Independent Police Review, which is housed in the city auditor’s office, lacks direct access to reports from police, further complicating its ability to investigate police actions.

While the office has a voting member on the board that recommends disciplinary actions, the chief of police and Mayor Ted Wheeler, who serves as the police commissioner, have the final say. However, the police union has the ability to appeal those decisions through arbitration — and often does.

“Police oversight in Portland needs the support of its leaders, policymakers and the community to better address the barriers to full transparency, independence and authority necessary for any oversight system to flourish,” the report says.

State law and the police union agreement limits what information about investigations the Independent Police Review can turn over to the public.

“These two constraints mean few cases are ever made public, and when they are it creates the opportunity for an arbitrator to overturn the decision if they conclude the disclosure violated the labor contract,” the report says.

There’s so much wrong with how policing works in America. I understand the sentiment to abolish it entirely. Barring that, we’ve got a long way to go. Even with the transparency offered by body cameras—which Portland police do not wear—and the increasing availability of video evidence, cops are rarely held accountable for their actions because of ironclad union contracts and friendly arbitrators who routinely overturn firings and other discipline. That must change.

But without transparency, you don’t really know how bad it is. And I can’t tell you, because state law allows agencies to withhold this information.

We all know the power of videos showing police abuse of Black people in this country. But reports are powerful, too. If you could see what I’ve seen, you would be furious.

You should be allowed to see what I’ve seen.

PDX has revamped that Police Oversight Function about every 3 or 4 years since the 80’s, at least.

2 Likes

pdxlaw

PPB