Protesters enraged by billions donated for a building - while the kiddies starve - they have a point

https://www.foxnews.com/us/france-yellow-vest-protest-notre-dame

Yeah but that’s not what they are pissed at

Or maybe it is

Like when the tea partiers said they were angry at taxes but it was really about a knee grow president

1 Like

I get that argument, and sympathize, but aren’t they perhaps “playing god” in their own right by declaring their pet charity as being above that of an Ancient Building that is a very important cultural/religious/political/historical icon?

I am sure the next kid that dies of starvation will see it yer way

I got to spend an evening with this guy that was an absolute legend in the business I was in, I’d heard of him for a couple years, well after a nice hour or so of just general guy bullshitting and talking shop, this guy starts yammering on and on about every horrible thing in the world, and each horrible thing was more horrible than the last, now keep in mind we’re guzzling beers and hoovering lines the whole time, and he goes on and on, and after each tragic situation (You name it, starvation in 3rd worlds, aids, the federal reserve to the secret island off the Philippines full of Viet Nam Vets that were turned in zombies by an incurable STD the Commies unleashed on Nam on and on and on…) He would look to each of us, for appropriate revulsion but also sometimes a call to action, “What do you think should happen there, or be done about that???”

Besides the guy being an obnoxious headache i decided that yes there are a gazillion wrongs in the world and I will never be able to solve all of them let alone any single one of them. If I can give my tiny assist here and there within my means, then I am at least doing something.

1 Like