R.I.P., Judith

Judith from my church, I think 84 years old, died peacefully yesterday of natural causes. Had been failing for nearly a year with lung stuff and lord knows what else. She and Bill were married for 65 years.

She doesn’t belong here since none of you knew her, so just take it from me she was a stellar and very sweet woman, not at all “churchy” or starchy even though one of her 2 daughters did go to seminary and serve as a missionary in Africa for 25 years or more.

No, I just got a FB item today in my newsfeed… she had done this FB thing for her birthday which was just before July 4, fundraising for Doctors Without Borders, and I gave ten or twenty bucks (although I’ve noted that too fukin many of my friends are shaking me down on their birthdays and Imma need to formulate a policy about that.) And here’s the post, placed on her page yesterday by a bot.

DWoB

I’m just kinda flummoxed by the coincidence, from the timestamp it looks like she passed about an hour before the post showed up.

1 Like

RIP Judith.

That definitely would give me that stomach-pit feeling. And I’m sorry for your community’s loss.