Record-Breaking Canadian Sniper Kills ISIS Fighter With Two-Mile Shot

2.2 miles

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/22/canadian-sniper-sets-world-record-with-2-1-mile-pickoff-isis-fighter.html

1 Like

I know 338 is not being used at all in the US, but we are trying to get a 6.5 Grendel for our standard round to replace the 5.56.

I’m not sure they’re using a Lapua round and I doubt it, honestly. I honestly doubt that the kill was with the rifle team pictured.

The American version of that rifle is a 7.62.

I have read that many of the Tier 1 groups like Delta and Devgru often personally choose their own weapons, not sure if that applies to snipers or not tho. I read Chris Kyles book and he spoke of sharing a rifle on a couple extended overwatches. He was regular Seal.

I LOVE that you know that!!!

He mentioned doing some drills with some of your boys. Fair amount of cross breeding with Canadian US Forces, we had a Canadian Pilot in our Squadron when I was in the Navy, I forget the name, but I think all the services swap officers back and forth, not sure if we do that with any other Countries, other than training services, when you heard about Trump signing that $110 billion deal with ISIS a couple weeks ago, it probably included training their pilots and ground crews etc

I DID date a Canadian and all… :sunglasses: And Canada is a decent drive away.

1 Like

I didn’t know that. You clearly have great taste in women.

That’s the girl I was talking about on that post talking about my wound. The one that got away.

:joy:

Ah, the one who needed eyeliner lessons and hair conditioner?

:thinking: Huh?

Thanks Normus - ya made me spit up my night snack

Ah- yer welcome for funding that snack.

Welfare and all… y’know.

:slight_smile:

I never thought Spoon would be a makeup expert… but her hair is fine and she’s gorgeous without makeup… so… meh.

Here’s she is; no make up. That’s her brother btw.

Is he also the father?

Fortunately Canadians aren’t from the south.

1 Like