Sad news My Cindybin family, I've "known" you all for a long long time

I wouldn’t just blindly post this shit to social media but I’m dying inside and I have to say it, my wife died in her sleep Monday morning. She had a heart attack. I’m not sure why I’m even mentioning this but I need to get up off the floor and start dealing with it. If anyone has any good ideas or resources for dealing with horrific pain, do let me know.

Thx

oh man I’m so sorry Witchy, I know you dearly loved your wifey, no words, I don’t know what I could do to help but if I can do anything let me know.

1 Like

Sorry to hear this sad news Withcy

Very sorry for your loss and pain.If I had any answers for you, I’d buy out Joel Osteen…

Breath in, breath out…one step at a time

but I like how Tom addressed this issue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdehPsCJab8

1 Like

Oh Jesus, man. Our hearts are with you. I lost a dear friend almost a year ago to the day. I’d love to be of any kind of emotional service to you, if you just whistle. I’ll PM you in a minute.

1 Like

Thanks all. More later.

Also, all those pics I couldn’t show you from her trips that she wanted to keep private, I can how those now

My heart goes out to you WK. I’m so sorry. I can’t imagine how difficult this must be.

Anytime you want to talk about her or how you’re feeling or coping, you have us here.

OMG OMG. I am so very sorry to hear this. How awful for you.

Find someone you can talk to, I mean talk about ANYTHING to. Nothing shameful about a shrink. If you want to PM with me I can listen, but I have no idea what you are going through. Please don’t go through this alone.

5 Likes

THank you, thank you ALL so much. Yeah, this is hard as I really really did love and admire her. I’ve got neighbors helping here and a huge contingent coming out from Michigan from Friday til Tuesday.

Here’s my gal at the March for Women the day after Trump was inaugurated. She was fucking fearless and it’s why I love when women stand up and the Me Too and Times Up movement. Pink coat middle

5 Likes

AND if there is one lesson in this (which I’ve missed due to my fear of flying) LIVE YOUR LIFE. GO DO THINGS. This little 5 for nothing woman traversed jungles in Cambodia to the nightlife of London.

Amsterdam, Paris, London, Madrid, Barcelona, Istanbul, Iceland, Central America, Dusseldorf, Tokyo, Bangkok, Angor Watt, Angor Tom, Cambodia, Rome, Florence (she actually lived there as a student at Michigan–her only flaw LOL) and traveling stateside w me all while working her way up to VP at two companies. I mean I look at this and can’t think for one second she had anything but a fulfilling life. 52 years young but she packed so goddamned much into it.

Go people, live your lives and enjoy going places. Tell your partner you love them EVERY day. Multiple times. Because we always told each other I love you there’s nothing left to say. I have no feeling of being left hanging in that I had so much more to tell her or her me. This may sound grim but in some odd cosmic way this was a clean break i think, as awful as it is, we’ll always have had a brilliant run.

6 Likes

We don’t grieve for those who have gone, we grieve for those who are left. Sounds like she lived fully. Hang in there Witchy, we are all for you.

2 Likes

I forgot Prague, here’s one of here faves and it hangs in our entry way with others of her best pics

That’s another weird yet comforting moment, as they were working on her about 15 people were in and out, EMS, JCPD, JCFD and at least 5 were taken aback by the photos in the entry way asked who had taken these “fabulous” “Wonderful” “Beautiful” pics. That meant something.

7 Likes

Thanks Wabbit, as an old friend used to say here, that’s some good salience there.

That is a hauntingly beautiful image. She had quite a talent with a camera.

Wow!

1 Like

She had Simon & Schuster and a couple big wheel NYC developers ask if they could have prints for their lobbies/hallways/models but she always said no.

I swear one day I’ll hand her photos over to a critic or pub house and she’ll be posthumously famous.

5 Likes

Sunset, Cambodia

6 Likes

She cold get the most finite colors and shadows. Some people are born to hit 50 home runs or build the next Facebook but she was a true talent in photography. I hope to, after everything is sorted out offer a small endowment for Photography students at Michigan State and her high school outside of Lansing.

1 Like

I can see that! Her composition is out of this world. I can’t get over the crispness she got in the horizon line in the one from Cambodia. It’s perfection.

That old friend is over at Starling’s board, if you want to say hi.

Oh my God! @WitchKing, I am so, so, so sorry.

When the dust settles from all the people coming out, and you find yourself alone with this, maybe find a grief group. I have a friend whose husband died young, and her grief group saved her life. .

I enjoy reading your posts about her and looking at her gorgeous photos.

Is there anything we can do?