Seeing your small market hometown hero getting some love

is pretty ok, (Even if he does allude to Christain values)

Portland Trail Blazers
The unstoppable Damian Lillard is the NBA superstar we deserve
He’s lifted his game to new heights inside the NBA bubble, but what sets the Trail Blazers’ point guard apart is the fierce loyalty and outsider spirit that’s driven him from the start

The unstoppable Damian Lillard is the NBA superstar we deserve | Portland Trail Blazers | The Guardian.

“If I go play with three other stars, I don’t think that many people would doubt that I could win it. We would win it, but what is the challenge or the fun in that?” Lillard told Complex last year. “I wanna be the one, the star that wants to be here. … I wanna be the one that embodies all of those things and then be a part of the rise from ‘we haven’t won since ‘77, and now we won, and Dame’s everything to our city.’”

me, holding back tears that sounds good.

1977*, I’ll wager that to this day Bill Walton still never has to pay a tab when he’s in P-town.

In the 1977 postseason, Walton led #3 seed Portland to series victories over the Chicago Bulls with Artis Gilmore (2–1) and the Denver Nuggets with Dan Issel (4–2). He averaged 17.3 points, 12.3 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 4.3 blocks in the first round series against the Bulls. In the Nuggets series Walton averaged 17.5 points, 13.0 rebounds, 6.2 assists and 3.0 blocks.[47][46] In a 4–0 series sweep of the Los Angeles Lakers in the 1977 Western Conference finals, Walton averaged 19.3 points, 14.8 rebounds, 5.8 assists and 2.3 blocks playing against fellow UCLA alum Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Tip off 6 PM

Blazers v. one of those LA Teams