Sharia Creep and other theocratic stuff

A wealth of good quotes from a wide assortment of thinkers. Bookmark it; you’ll be needing it sooner or later.

https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Quotations_on_Islam_from_Notable_Non-Muslims

Why will we be needing this?

Aggression: All peeps has it:

The beliefs appropriate to the impulse of aggression may be seen in Bernhardi, or in the early Mohammedan conquerors, or, in full perfection, in the Book of Joshua. There is first of all a conviction of the superior excellence of one’s own group, a certainty that they are in some sense the chosen people. This justifies the feeling that only the good and evil of one’s own group is of real importance, and that the rest of the world is to be regarded merely as material for the triumph or salvation of the higher race. In modern politics this attitude is embodied in imperialism. – Bertrand Russell

Because evidently Canadian society is more vulnerable to jihad than American society is, although both are quite vulnerable due to the functional illiteracy and weak thinking of many of their citizens.

Muslims have been at this sort of “religious practice” for a long time, and they have strategy and tactics that have been fine tuned. Without awareness and solidarity, neither of which is in evidence in North America, resistance may eventually fail.

^^^^
Is that a joke, or are you channeling Six?

So is the link examples of weak thinking that must be countered?

I’m not channeling anyone, Lotus. And I’m not making a joke. Islamic fundamentalism is already known to be a force that cannot be comfortably accommodated in a pluralistic society because it aims to conquer that society and impose itself on everyone by force of arms.

What has changed for me is my realization that Islam has never been a religion of peace, even though some of its adherents may even see themselves as peaceful. In perusing the link in the OP, I am finding that plenty of others seem to see what I see.

Islam does not want to become acculturated, it views its own barbaric and medieval culture as the only possible one. In order to accommodate it in a pluralistic community, everyone needs to be in agreement that the pluralistic culture will not negotiate on certain issues.

The link features a lot of convergent thinking by a diverse group of thinkers. I suspect the group has been curated by someone intent on showing the convergence.

We need a tougher god than that pussy Jesus if we’re going to withstand the conquering muslim hordes, I suggest Thor.

1 Like

So how do you explain all the Muslims that live peacefully and harmoniously in pluralistic societies? Examples of this spam the ages as well as seen in modern day life.

Where are these conquering hordes of which you speak?

Wow. That sounds pretty fucking jingoistic.

I guess the half million who live in my hood are just waiting for the right moment.

I’m a realist and I’ve read a bit of history. Your characterization is unwarranted, as they often seem to be in my case.

Maybe you should visit Dearborn.

Has it occurred to you that there may be a difference between Muslims who emigrate to Dearborn and those who end up in LA? Your posts about this are nothing short of unadulterated bigotry. You cannot characterize all Muslims as being of one mindset any more than you can characterize Christians or Atheists or Buddhists monolithically re their beliefs.

1 Like

You’re a realist so I ask that you answer my very realistic question please.

To many on the right, Sharia Law is just what stops the Religious Right from instituting its own version.

2 Likes

Sorry, I’m not following you.